Profound Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profound Thought

I'm tired of waiting. What am I waiting on? I'm going to take my Dobro and set up the sound system and I'm going to play out.

There's a place in Athens TN that hosts live music. I'm going to call them and see if they will put up with me. I'm not getting younger. It's a bit late/early on this day to call them now, but I am sure bound to do it. I am inspired and tired of waiting. Let's see if they'll let me do it.

I'm going to play out, dadgummit. It's too much fun to not do. I have all the stuff. But do I have the talent? I dont really care. It's so much fun, to me it doesn't matter. News later as news allows. peewee plays out.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Go get em p'dub
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

remember to bring the baseball mitt. to catch all the tomatos

Comment

If that was a vote, I think I'll be okay. If I can please half of the people half of the time, I will have done well.

Thanks Neal!

Wonder if Brian would be interested in covering my debut live on streaming video...

I don't think so. But I'm by golly gonna do it. If they'll let me. We'll see. Film at eleven.

Comment

I talked with the restaurant owner on the telephone, twice.

I think this may actually happen. I think it'll be Saturday July 23 from 7 to 9pm. I think this will actually happen, although the restaurant owner has yet to see the videos I emailed him for a demo, the dumpy ones on Daily Motion that hardly anybody can get to play right.

The restuarant owner is very receptive to the idea of me playing there, sight unseen and music unheard. He's nearly thrilled, in fact.

Maybe because I offered to pay him to let me play. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Comment

Good deal peewee. Make us proud!
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Will do Matt, if I can ("make y'all proud).

The coolest thing happened today. Unit was on the couch in the back room with Spankie the Dawg, and she started singing to him, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey..."

She came out while I was setting up the PA system for practice and said, here's a song you need to do. Wow that is a really cool song when done with a blues twist. It sure is. Add that one to the list. That is a way cool song, and it's blues, too, where you hang your head down and cry in the second verse. Wow, that's a good song.

Thanks Matt, I'll do all I can do to make us proud. It's been a very long time, too long. Way too long. Set it up, plug it in, turn it on, and see what happens. Coming up. At least I allowed myself a month to practice. In that amount of time, I won't get better, but at least I'll get better at it.

Comment

I wanna see a vid clip! Go for it!
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

GO GET EM PDUB!

God put that music inside you for the rest of us to enjoy - ya can't keep it to yourself.

Surely some won't like it - others - WILL LOVE IT - and that's what it's all about!

Make that dobro sing!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

you have a Bangshift shirt to wear correct?
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Go get 'em, PW! Glad you went from thinking to talking about it to planning it. And now you're on the verge of actually DOING it! How far from Wilmington, NC to Athens, TN? Seems like a BS trip is called for. Brian, how 'bout a BS East gathering?

Dan

Comment

Peewee, I listened to your songs back a month or so when you posted some. I was just going to listen to one, but it was great and I sat here and listened to them all! It is a fun thing to go out and get to hear some live music, I think the restuarant patrons will be pleasantly surprised. Is Sueunit going to get all dolled up and be your groupie?
                        Gail
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Hey Gail,

I don't know about the getting all dolled up business, but I am and always will be the heart of his fan club. Reviews of this resturant says wearing jeans is tacky, so what the heck.........guess I got to go in my undies.

Peewee is making great progress on his interpretation of "You are my sunshine". Bluesy, nice.

sueunit

Comment

Hey, Sueunit! If you're wearing your undies I'm definitely THERE! If shorts are OK I'll have an outfit. Otherwise I may have to go clothes shopping - no one wants to see me in my undies.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              Hey, Sueunit! If you're wearing your undies I'm definitely THERE! If shorts are OK I'll have an outfit. Otherwise I may have to go clothes shopping - no one wants to see me in my undies.

Dan
                              I will definitely be wearing undies, gonna have to go shopping to find something to wear over them. No one wants to see me in my undies these days either....

Comment

Working...
                              X