Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historic racing from Spa some days ago...Hemi cuda racin,and a weird turbine car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic racing from Spa some days ago...Hemi cuda racin,and a weird turbine car.

Really nice vid.

And then the mysterious turbine car..a Howmet TX.

I really enjoyed the first video. I always thought Porsche 911's were pretty sleek cars and then I am always surprised at how tall they look when they're running with with the prototypes. The Cuda ran pretty good down the straight but didn't seem to be able do as well in th corners, gut then I guess we shouldn't be surprised about that. I had heard about the turbine Howmet, but had never actually seen one. It must have been rough getting used the sound. Anybody know what kind of transmission it used? Thanks for posting these links, I really enjoyed watching them.

Comment

Very cool! That turbine car reminded me of the car Robert Duvall stole in THX 1138.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

If it wasn't for the track out of the windshield, I could've sworn he was in a jet fighter. Very cool.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          I really enjoyed the first video. I always thought Porsche 911's were pretty sleek cars and then I am always surprised at how tall they look when they're running with with the prototypes. The Cuda ran pretty good down the straight but didn't seem to be able do as well in th corners, gut then I guess we shouldn't be surprised about that. I had heard about the turbine Howmet, but had never actually seen one. It must have been rough getting used the sound. Anybody know what kind of transmission it used? Thanks for posting these links, I really enjoyed watching them.

Did not use a traditional transmission...It used and RGB (reduction gear box) to reduce the insane RPMs from the turbine. The RBG reduced it to just one single ratio...

For example the RGB on my engines takes the 56K RPMs the turbine makes and reduces it to 13:54:1.
          Last edited by JOES66FURY; June 26, 2011, 10:44 PM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X