I gotta start paying attention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta start paying attention...

I missed this happening since I don't pay much attention to the news, but thankfully it was mentioned elsewhere. Westboro (blank) Church, I will not call them baptist, finally got a little taste of their own medicine. Cliff Notes: They protested a military funeral in Nashville, had their tires slashed, and then were refused service

Tennesseean Link

btw...if this was already mentioned...whoops
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

I think this violates both the no religion and no politics ban....

but seriously, I've been wondering when some upstanding community would welcome them to town with a bunch of baseball bats.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1. Glad people are counterprotesting the judgemental, intolerant group.
      2. Glad the online story publishes updates.... but putting the updates on top makes it an awkward read if you haven't been following the story from when it was first published.

Comment

Oh yeah! Words cannot describe how happy this makes me....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
          Oh yeah! Words cannot describe how happy this makes me....
          X2, and I want to be one of the guys with a baseball bat!!!!!!!

Comment

Not the first time they have not received a warm welcome:

On Saturday USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers, who was killed in action in Afghanistan April 7, was buried in Brandon, Mississippi. That, by itself, is a sadly unremarkable – though certainly noteworthy and solemn – occasion for us to mark. And in fact when Sgt. Rogers’ body returned to Brandon it was greeted by hundreds, […]

Definitely not a fan of them.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I don't want to stray into the politics/religion thing here, but you (or at least I) just have to wonder how anyone can stray THAT FAR off course. Part of me hates these people and part of me feels sorry for them. Hating, like they do and I try not to do, hurts - everyone.

Dan

Comment

You don't have to hate them, to want to teach them a lesson, do you?
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If these people protested at the funeral of my child, husband, wife, father or mother. I would be the one with a baseball bat.
                  Protesting at a funeral is reprehensable.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Well they way I see it is they are looneys, they are viewed as looneys, and they arent going to win any friends nor followers with what they are doing. Even people who are very religious dont want to be associated with them. Its kinda like an old saying "Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" and there is no doubt there.

I hear they plan to protest at the Jackass kid's funeral, that will end well I am sure. In a few years they will die off and be a footnote in history, if even that. I would be embarrassed to be related to any of them. I dont hate them, and we do have free speech even if it is ignorant bigoted hate speech, so they can be idiots all they want.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      I think this violates both the no religion and no politics ban....

but seriously, I've been wondering when some upstanding community would welcome them to town with a bunch of baseball bats.
                      seems so.

To wonder where this hate comes from...and then pretend to have a church to defend it.

it is like learning you are stupid for something, or not strong enough for something, or not noble enough for something greater...and not accepting it, and going backwards about it.

it does bring psychotic results. those protestors hating are there.

it would not take long to explain defense and its purpose. Snap their little backwards heads like twigs.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If they showed up at the funeral of someone I loved or cared about you can bet your ass they'd be met with more than a baseball bat. Their freedom of speech can meet my right to bear arms. This is not about religion or politics; this is about a group of un-patriotic bigots protesting the funeral of the very people who've fought and died for their effing freedom of speech. You can't hate people and expect to still reap the benefits that, without them, you wouldn't even have; that is the definition of hypocrisy.
                        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I have to put up with these jerks all the time, here in Topeka.

First, they are not stupid. They are a money making machine. They reap their rewards through litigation. They work up people to the point the people break and do something WBC can use as a basis for a lawsuit. They are a team of lawyers and claim infringement upon their civil rights in court to take money from those people who stood up to them. Cowards... all of them. Hide behind the law and take advantage of good people.

Karma is a bitch, and I hope to live long enough to see WBC get what is coming to them.

Ron
                          Last edited by Ron Ward; June 28, 2011, 05:16 PM.
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Agree ~ Disagree or Agree to Disagree....

FALLEN HERO'S DAD OPPOSES FUNERAL PROTEST LAW...

THOUGHTS?
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

fact it they are still around and someone(s) funding their travel..
                              someone needs to "follow the money"
                              no matter what they call it, they are not a church, why hasn't someone shown them the door, drop they asses in the middle of the mexican drug war, and let them under stand just how, lucky they are..
                              I'm really really shocked, that they haven't been shot, being most mil. men are sons of mil. men . and I can see one, say'n f this, and fire'n off 21 shots.. and the say'n to the new reporters, ops, I thought they where blanks..

Comment

Working...
                              X