You guys will understand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys will understand...

I'm here at work and not much is going well today. I'm sitting at my desk on the phone, very frurstrated as too many things have needed extra attention today, and I'm on hold waiting for our UPS rep to answer a question I emailed him about at 7:33am (it's 3:52pm right now). Anyway I've had it up to here, but when staring above my computer I see a picture of a car I used to own (corkboard with my crap on it). I was fortunate enough to once upon a time have a Daytona Yellow '69 Yenko 427 Camaro back in 1999 - before prices were totally nuts. It's of the car sitting in the museum (during the winter). The picture made me think of when it was being delivered to the house (as I was sitting on the steps rockin') and how it just roared to life. I remembered driving it, and how many of my friends couldn't believe how hard I drove that car. Dropping the clutch, starting to go sideways, then banging second and straighting it out, banging third, and after a bit letting up... as I went flying by the Holiday station... Now I'm better, way better. Thanks for listening.
    Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Here's the picture...

Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Your picture has brightened my day too...
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Pics help when you cant get in them and drive right at this moment. Still you have a cool Vette to drive dont ya?

Comment

Therapy.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            Pics help when you cant get in them and drive right at this moment. Still you have a cool Vette to drive dont ya?
            Drove it today...
            Jim T
            Supercar Collectibles
            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Dumb question time, is a Yenko Camaro the same as a COPO Camaro. I think that stood for central office purchase order? If memory serves, a COPO 427 was very expensive even in 1999.
              sigpic
              Bob
              516 lb/ft @ 2800
              Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

Yenko Camaros were special cars build by Don Yenko's Chevrolet dealership back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He did Corvairs, Novas, Camaros, etc.

COPOs are "Central Office Production Order" cars build specially by the factory itself.

Both are very valuable!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks Brian, learn something new every day. How is it you are so well versed on 60's automotive history. For me, I was wrenching on my car as a kid to keep it running back then, but read every car mag I could get my hands on. Dreaming of what I couldn't afford back then, like a GT 40. Still can't afford an original GT 40, but looking to buy a replica. Will I still be considered a "Bangshifter" with a manual trans GT 40?
                  sigpic
                  Bob
                  516 lb/ft @ 2800
                  Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

yenkos were all copo cars

Comment

there was copo chevelles too . they all went to yenko

Comment

The Yenko/SC Chevelle was a 1969 production year run only. It was ordered as a COPO 427 Chevelle from the factory just as the 1969 Yenko Camaros were. As a result the Chevelle is rarer than the Camaro due to being a 1969 production run only of 99. This is less than half of the 201 Yenko Camaros produced in 1969. Yenko performed the same modifications to the Chevelle with their package of graphics, emblems, as well any other combination of tires and wheels or high performance accessories specified by the customer.

Comment

I have my computer wallpaper set with my car as a background.

At least I get a smile in the morning when I turn the computer on, and a smile when I'm leaving work.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by deckofficer View Post
                            Will I still be considered a "Bangshifter" with a manual trans GT 40?

You would be the Grand Potentate of baderasserness.

Jim, what made you get rid of such a machine?
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

they made an automatic gt40 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X