Sleepers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepers...

Was scouring youtube for some sleepers....This one is my favorite...

Post up any ones you have found...

An average looking brown wagon family car (Ford Fairmont) smokes a Camaro on the quarter mile. Looks can be deceiving...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

thats my friend John Dodsons old car, LS powered wagon, he now has a LS powered 60 chevy parkwood wagon
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

A wagon hanging hoops is among my most favorite of things....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Regal GS eating a '73 440 Challenger. And I swear I think I hear our fearless leader running the tower...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Sleepers, one of my favorite types of cars, V8 Vegas, hemi powered bug eyes, sbc Austin Healy 3000, the list goes on. My Track-T is a sleeper when you consider the exhaust is hidden underneath, and more important, when you look at a fully covered engine in a Track-T, knowledgable folks just KNOW it is a 2.3L Pinto 4 banger. So far, only one person looked at my little bulges in the alumunum side covers and commented that a sbc with rams horn exhaust manifold just might fit under the bonnet. Blew me away that he could figure that out by just looking at the bulges on each side. At 1790 lbs and 516 lb/ft, TKO 600, it is faster than it looks. Picture, shot in Yosemite National Park, shows those bulges.

sigpic
          Bob
          516 lb/ft @ 2800
          Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

Even before I watched the clip I thought to myself, if I was going to build a sleeper it would be a Fairmont wagon.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I just sold my fairmont (what that wagon was) I miss it but with 4 days a month off and my 68 far from done I had to do it. but anyway they are cool cars and easy to make stupid fast

Comment

Deckofficer, I read your specs, that electric motor like torque sounds like it would be a freaking kick in the ass to drive.

Remy, I would never show my face at the track again after getting walked by that Buick...12's!!!...that is bad ass

Comment

I think this dude was in HR magazine...

The flashlight drags in the first part of the video are in the Pittsburgh area...if you guys want to know what I sound like...I sound like the guy on the PA system (Kennywood is the local amusement park)

Twin Turbo BBC in a 63 LeMans at the Flashlight Drags! A little faster than it looks? I think he needs a cage and chute.

Comment

That torque peaks at 2800 rpm, not 4300 like a "normal" build. Makes it a lot of fun driving on the street but by shedding 74 hp and gaining 65 lbs of added weight, it has gone from a 10.8 @ 132 to an 11.4, but like I said, much better street manners.

sigpic
                    Bob
                    516 lb/ft @ 2800
                    Short shift, its fun

Comment

That Tempest was smokin (no pun intended) but what was his ET?
                      sigpic
                      Bob
                      516 lb/ft @ 2800
                      Short shift, its fun

Comment

the thought of that much torque all in at 2800 RPM makes me all warm and tingly....like strapping your ass to a rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
                          the thought of that much torque all in at 2800 RPM makes me all warm and tingly....like strapping your ass to a rocket.
                          Thanks Joe,

A "serious" street race means I shifted at 3500, normal putzing 1200~1800 rpm. Added beneifit, the 4 fill ups for my round trip to SoCal netted 24.6, 30.2, 28.2, 15.9 mpg. 73 mph is 1700 rpm.

First pic is with the Muncie M21 4 speed with the high strung circle track engine, notice the gearing. 2nd pic is the torque motor and the TKO 600 5 speed 0.64 OD and 31" rear tires.

sigpic
                          Bob
                          516 lb/ft @ 2800
                          Short shift, its fun

Comment

Originally posted by deckofficer View Post
                            That Tempest was smokin (no pun intended) but what was his ET?
                            The Tempest has run a best of 8.92 @ 160 so far. It really takes the sleeper look completely through, still running the original cracked steering wheel, original maroon vinyl interior, and original beat and worn maroon paint. Everything is hidden, including the EFI system and turbos. The turbos are tucked up underneath the car in the back where the original transaxle used to be.
                            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Kurt Urban's Nova...

Time Wasters...
                              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                              X