Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows their Gasser axles? Got a mystery axle here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows their Gasser axles? Got a mystery axle here....

only its not on a Gasser, yet. Maybe it will fit under the Healey....

Anyone know what this is from? It looks kinda like a Dodge A100 to me, but I'm not really up on those enough to say.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

That's A-100 for sure. The way the spring plates cast into the beam is a dead give away...

Click image for larger version

Name:	500x_a100-home-15-500px.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	855969

Comment

Yep......would've been my guess
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I don't think that trailer was long for this world anyhow so might as well "repurpose" that axle. Photo essay, please!

Dan

Comment

A100? D100? how much damage was done to it to make it not steer?
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            A100? D100? how much damage was done to it to make it not steer?
            It looks like the builder incorporated strut rod technology & rust into the build

Click image for larger version

Name:	gasseraxle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	855971

Comment

It seems that all they did was to "lock" the steering by cutting the drag link in half and welding the ends to the trailer "frame". I don't see great big globs of goobery weld on the king pins like usual on this kind of trailer! Its a little "fuzzy" under there, but doesn't give any signs of hackery.

So I possess authentic gasser stock, neat. Were the D100 & A100 axles the same? I assume D & A were merely model differences, the underpinnings were identical?

Not that they are worth anything, but I thought it was neat that the wheels matched and look like original Dodge stuff too.

Guess this is one trailer that isn't going to hit craigslist as originally planned! Torch time!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
              X