Can't get pissed at a buddy, but WTH man, screwed day sort of -shrug-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get pissed at a buddy, but WTH man, screwed day sort of -shrug-

Man, time flys. Been spending time messing with the RH quarter...ended up finishing up with it from the top body line down to my liking.
    Got both wheelhouses completely cleaned of all old undercoating, stripped, a few small issues welded and repaired, and DA'ed with 80 grit, then coated with POR15.
    Still need to do some minor work, but that headache is over finally.
    Posted a video clip of the fun on my photobucket album.

On the flip side, I ended up having to go buy a battery and bring the GTS back home today, under circumstances I could only about just sort of shrug at...the shop I have had the car at since November 2007 is a buddy of mine I have know for 12+ years. Good guy, but with things the way they are, he's been slow work wise and sort of on edge.
    He suddenly got 3 cars he needs in the shop, and I sure as heck am not upset at the help, him and I, well, don't know. He's pissed off it seems, but I have no clue what's going on, and I was told I need to get the car out NOW.
    I didn't say much of anything, but in the back of my mind I was pissed I couldn't get my car in primer at least today and get it monday, but like I said before -shrug-.
    What irk's me is one of his kids had a total rotted POS civic that's hammered and just needs to be hauled off and it's pretty much a shelf in the shop.
    Then, another one of his boys, has the "$35k in receipts chevelle" that will probably never get done this century and that car takes up 1/4 the shop by itself.
    But, I can't be pissed, as he did alot to help me out when I needed it, just like sort of "one of them days" with a deep sigh.

On the plus, I put a new HD motorcraft battery in, cranked the car up and once the carb got fuel she fired to life, a little cranky from some semi-old gas, but once warmed up, felt good to get her out in like 33 degree weather.
    Had one corner light, wife behind me, and I went to go. Car stumbled a bit, I said "F- it!!!" and just hammered it and dumped the clutch and left 70 feet of scratch on the pavement, scratched 1-2 and 3, my wife said there was a lady sitting in some suv laughing, pointing and clapping...got a smile for someone, so I guess I did a good deed for the day. ;D
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Can't get pissed at a buddy, but WTH man, screwed day sort of -shrug-

It happens. Remember, friendships overcome circumstances. Something good will come back your way, keep the friend, he is more important than any car. Down the road you two will likely laugh it off as one of those "freak storms"

A lot of people are on edge right now, slow work and foreclosures. I had a friend call me once and tell me to get my stuff out of his shop that day, I do it, a little miffed but OK. Come to find out he was getting kicked out of his shop and they were padlocking the place, anything inside would belong to the bank. He was good friend, but too embarrassed like most guys are, to spit out trouble like that. But he made sure all they got was his.

Comment

If it were me I would give him a call, and let him know there is no hard feelings. If he is pissed at you for something he should be man enough to let you know.

Comment

???
        I don't get what you are complaining about, you've had the car there for six months, and now acting like the guy is a dick for telling you to get it out of his shop, since he needs the room. And top it off by complaining that his kid's cars are in there.

WTF? I'd kick your ass out too.
        -dulcich

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me by an Uncle who's still "the man" in my book. Out of the blue... "I need the car out of there in two days." Can't complain about the free storage but maybe a week or two as a HEADS UP would have been nice. Money didn't exactly grow on trees at the time. Luckily I managed to hang onto the car inspite of my chronic poverty.

The feeling being homeless and owning a fleet of cars, then finally having enough area under roof to store all your refugees in one place is ... good but I'd never be where I am if it weren't for the network of car brothers and their underground railroad hiding my babies from the facist "neighborhood watch associations" and "zoning ordinances" of the world.

I think I'm going to go shoot stuff in my backyard now.
          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

If the dude needs money and he has money comming in in the form of 3 cars and your not exacty paying for the work or shop space I can see why he would want you to get it out...I have seen it happen and have had it happen...Its hard working with friends and family...I make ita point not to if I ca avoid it....I have a buddy who offered his garage up so we could tear the whole car apart and do it right...but I aint gonna take up his space for the next 2 years while we ork on my car..and we are stil friends ya know......

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
              ???
              I don't get what you are complaining about, you've had the car there for six months, and now acting like the guy is a dick for telling you to get it out of his shop, since he needs the room. And top it off by complaining that his kid's cars are in there.

WTF? I'd kick your ass out too.
              -dulcich
              My whole point about the deal is not that of him needing the space, but that fact a guy I have been good friends with didn't say a damn thing and left me going WTF. I didn't include every detail, but sh*t like my wife loosing her job and just finding a new job, and then me losing mine after 8 years at the same place 2 weeks after she starts, put a crimp on stuff majorly for me, screwed up my whole damn summer plans. Ever get screwed out of 3 weeks of vacation?
              Anyways, sorry for the rant, just...forget it.
              As far as me being there 6 months, I realize that is a hell of along time, and was grateful for it. I never said anything about him being a dick, just was like unexpected is all. I did my share of stuff there for him and earned my keep, but anyways, as far the thing about his kids stuff...you would have to be there to understand it, anyways...
              As far as me getting my car home, I was going to primer it in the next 3-4 days, and take it home.
              I'm going to let stuff slide, as in the end of it all, he's a good buddy and stuff happens. If he needed me there tomorrow, I'd be there to help out pulling a frame, or what ever need be.

Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

That's the spirit! I just couldn't understand why you were mad at him after he let you use the shop for free for such a long time, especially when he is hurting himself. Times are tough, and they just seem to be getting tougher.
                -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                X