X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
    amature.
    That would be Amateur......

amateur : one who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession
    I think that puts you in the same boat as your calling him..........
    Last edited by TC; June 29, 2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      It sounded to me like the throttle stuck and he was not trying to pedal it. Might just be my hearing or my speakers, but it was steady state power not accelerating. Just how it looks to me. Even if the throttle didnt stick, what happened after that made me want to slap those guys, especially the guy in blue. He seemed utterly overwhelmed and panicked, "Just run around it and it will go out, thats the plan."

Those guys in shorts who were shooting at the top of the fire could have just as well gotten out the marshmallows and made smores, it would have been more effective. Apparently nobody bothers to train them how to put out a car fire, and no safety equipment other than some shorts, what the hell. Nobody shut the power down which would have shut off the fuel pumps, nobody got in the wheel well to put the fire out, and they were spraying the top of the fire as if it would trickle down. I am sure my firefighter wife could point out more stupid things they did and failed to do.

Im with Brian, that is simply unacceptable and inexcusable. What if the guy had been unconscious? What if he suffered a C-spine injury? We would be reading an obit instead of watching a car burn.
      no one hit the cut off.. first thing the driver should've done..
      get out of car and have a fire ex in hand would be the 2nd..
      I guess I'm the only one that,doesn't expect the world to come to save my ass..
      the what if's.. what if the world ends today..
      hay i'm a racer and I'm at the track and see no safety equipment, no ambulance,fire truck,water truck..
      but I still straped in.. and made a CHOICE to STILL run it..
      "that is simply unacceptable and inexcusable" not quite..
      the racer made a choice..
      even if the throttle stuck like you think you hear.. there is a toggle ign. switch in the drivers reach..

I really really find it funny that the same ones that are gung hoo over yesterdays drags, ole school drags.. think they ran the tracks any different.. the NHRA safety crew wasn't at every track and every race. they where at national events..
      how does anyone even know that the guys in shorts where part of the track crew,and not racers in the pits..
      racers bitch about the gate fees, then bitch when cost are cut. to keep the lights on..
      didn't see a gun to the guys head to run there is he didn't like the lack of personel..
      it's kinda hard to not, not notice no ambulance or fire truck,etc at a track..
      but it's everyone elses fault. got it. i'm done..
      here's hoping all these tracks have to close. then you'll really have something to bitch about.

Comment

I quit usin spell check when they changed formats, but thanks, I'll write it down for next time.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I agree, but maybe stich has his own medivac on stand-by.
          He's got his entourage of safety personal every where he goes, he's got Life Alert, he just presses the button and calls, I've fallen and I can't get up..........

Comment

I quit usin spell check when they changed formats, but thanks, I'll write it down for next time.
            I'm just play'n bro......

Comment

"I don't hope others can save my ass" -----Shut up dude, go back to your hole then where you can control things.
              I've seen more people die in these things than I can count, with more safety shit than you've seen. You....don't know what you are talking about.
              ok whatever.. rittle me this..
              new car, it's out of shape from the green, what would you do..
              I know what i'd do.. but you're the pro.. so school me..
              being the all knowing pro.. if you saw no safety (ambulance,fire,etc) would you still run?
              if throttle stuck would you kill the ign????
              if out of shape in a new build would you shut it down or petal it?
              after stopping.. would you hit the kill switches in the car or leave the fuel pump on?
              would you have a fire ex. in a door car like that?
              you're the pro..
              I'm the "amature. "

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                ok whatever.. rittle me this..
                new car, it's out of shape from the green, what would you do..
                I know what i'd do.. but you're the pro.. so school me..
                being the all knowing pro.. if you saw no safety (ambulance,fire,etc) would you still run?
                if throttle stuck would you kill the ign????
                if out of shape in a new build would you shut it down or petal it?
                after stopping.. would you hit the kill switches in the car or leave the fuel pump on?
                would you have a fire ex. in a door car like that?
                you're the pro..
                I'm the "amature. "
                I'll go back and look at the video again, but maybe he got knocked the #### out!
                I've seen cars hit the wall and jam the barrel valve wide open, what the hell are you going to hit then moron?
                I've been to more po-dunk tracks than you are days old, Brian is right, that's bull shit!
                I pay my bills racing cars and I'm all for personal responsability, but a couple guys wearing shorts....that will cause more tracks to shut down than all the bull shit you can come up with.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  I'm just play'n bro......

I know...me too.
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    no one hit the cut off.. first thing the driver should've done..
                    get out of car and have a fire ex in hand would be the 2nd..
                    I guess I'm the only one that,doesn't expect the world to come to save my ass..
                    the what if's.. what if the world ends today..
                    hay i'm a racer and I'm at the track and see no safety equipment, no ambulance,fire truck,water truck..
                    but I still straped in.. and made a CHOICE to STILL run it..
                    "that is simply unacceptable and inexcusable" not quite..
                    the racer made a choice..
                    even if the throttle stuck like you think you hear.. there is a toggle ign. switch in the drivers reach..

I really really find it funny that the same ones that are gung hoo over yesterdays drags, ole school drags.. think they ran the tracks any different.. the NHRA safety crew wasn't at every track and every race. they where at national events..
                    how does anyone even know that the guys in shorts where part of the track crew,and not racers in the pits..
                    racers bitch about the gate fees, then bitch when cost are cut. to keep the lights on..
                    didn't see a gun to the guys head to run there is he didn't like the lack of personel..
                    it's kinda hard to not, not notice no ambulance or fire truck,etc at a track..
                    but it's everyone elses fault. got it. i'm done..
                    here's hoping all these tracks have to close. then you'll really have something to bitch about.
                    I agree with you, you go racing you asses the risks and take your chances. Especially when you are driving something that can turn ugly very fast, but only one guy flipped over on the track, he had a bit of reason to be rattled. He should have killed the power too, but there is a switch on the back of every car that runs 11.50 or faster that kills the entire electrical system in the event that the driver is unaware of a problem on his car. That should be the first thing that gets flipped as it prevents lots of bad things happening even if the driver is unable to shut it down from inside, or he just doesnt know he has to.

I ran at small tracks too, and a friend of mine had his car burn to the ground at one. That particular track has no safety people, not even a truck with guys in shorts with empty extinguishers. You race there you are doing it at your own risk. No tech on the cars at those tracks either, so lots of dangerous junk gets raced. The things I saw at those tracks were pretty scary to a guy who started out with NHRA approved tracks that would not even turn the lights on until the EMTs and a firetruck were at the track. If you are going to have safety people, then they should be trained, otherwise it is a liability and dangerous to the 'safety' crew and all the drivers.

I dont expect to be saved either, its my damn car, I built it and I will do my best to save it before anyone gets there, unless I am unable to get out or even move. I have been trained in first response and firefighting for vehicles, among other things safety related, so I dont freak out like the guy in blue did. He obviously wasnt trained and had no idea what he was doing, he was a danger to himself and everyone on the scene.

The driver is not faultless, but the safety crew performance was hideous. It reminds me of my cousing throwing antifreeze on my GTO when the starter wire melted to the header, a small problem was now a large problem because one person had no idea that antifreeze is flammable. I was lucky to save that car, but I had not just rolled it on a jersey barrier. I will cut the driver a little bit of slack, but safety personnel should not be clueless and untrained.

Comment

I'll hold your fire extinguisher, go ahead and finish your beer.
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

I believe he's beside the car in the dark colored fire jacket..
                        but I like the way you bypassed the questions..
                        so I'll go with just one
                        IT YOUR AT A TRACK AND GONNA RUN AND SEE NO AMBULANCE, NO FIRE TRUCK, NO WATER TRUCK, NO ONE IN ANYTHING BUT TEE'S AND SHORTS..DO YOU STILL RUN..
                        IF YOU DO YOU, MADE A C.H.O.I.C.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        ONLY ONE PERSON'S FAULT FOR THAT CHOICE....
                        RIGHT OR WRONG ,,, O HOLY PRO?

Comment

I say put a divider wall down the center of the track, widen each lane by 20 feet and let it be "run what you brung" and run at your own risk, with "no tech" allowed................

I'm thinking once a few cars burn, the stands will be packed........

Comment

I mean I seriously want to see a guy put a SBC in a Shifter Kart and run that sucker down the 1380.......

Or better yet, they can let Franklin run the propster........

Comment

Okay...I went testing here at Morocco, US41....I told my driver, see that ambulance, it has weeds growing around it, it might not even start. Don't go past half track. He went all the way down into the woods....when I got down there I asked him why he did that.
                              The throttle got stuck.
                              So, what if that guy was only going to make a 330 pass? Where is he supposed to shake it down?
                              If you make it to a track in the next 10 years I'm sure you are going to call a meeting with all the personal and check them all out.
                              If I'm filling out a tech card and paying an entry fee I would expect they could put out a small fire before it erupts into an inferno!
                              Head out to a track this year and report back.
                              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Okay...I went testing here at Morocco, US41....I told my driver, see that ambulance, it has weeds growing around it, it might not even start. Don't go past half track. He went all the way down into the woods....when I got down there I asked him why he did that.
                                The throttle got stuck.
                                So, what if that guy was only going to make a 330 pass? Where is he supposed to shake it down?
                                If you make it to a track in the next 10 years I'm sure you are going to call a meeting with all the personal and check them all out.
                                If I'm filling out a tech card and paying an entry fee I would expect they could put out a small fire before it erupts into an inferno!
                                Head out to a track this year and report back.
                                WELL THEN YOU AND HE MADE A CHOICE..
                                get back to me when you understand that in bold

Comment

Working...
                                X