X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
    Stick with Chuck Taylor All Stars peewee, you can't go wrong

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2525[/ATTACH]

you're right, because of the simple of the design, Chucks allow your foot to move more naturally than state of the art athletic shoes...and are therefore better for you....those aches you get from wearing them for a long time are not because they are bad shoes...its that you're using muscles you don't normally use....

that aside...why do I know this...good lord...shoot me.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Peewee...there's a Kohl's in Cleveland at 4580 Frontage Rd.
      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Pdub - there's a song in there somewhere - Dagum shoes!

milner, I think you're exactly right. Went to the race track, it was raining, nobody was there, walked till my feet bled, went and bought new shoes that don't fit...it's all there. It sure is.

That'll take a small amount of thought. I put every piece of music making equipment back in storage after I got tossed out of the gig at the whorehouse in Athens. And that's the blues, too. Hmmmm....we might have something, here.....
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You can tell a lot about people by their shoes. I cant remember my first pair of shoes, but I can remember my first pair of magic shoes. Momma said they could take me anywhere.

I know exactly what you mean peewee, having the wrong shoes or worn out shoes is worse than none at all in some cases. The affect footwear has on quality of life is surprising, until we realize that our feet are how we connect to the world around us, and move around in it. Nothing beats a good pair of shoes, and anything is better than a bad pair.

It could be a country song if you lose your wife, dog and your pickup gets hit by a train.
          Last edited by Thumpin455; June 30, 2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

you're on a roll today...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Maybe so, but all that shit happened. It sure did.
              Last edited by pdub; June 30, 2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

need to get yo'self a rabbits foot, lucky for you..not so lucky for the rabbit.

Comment

My mojo's definitely not working.

I quit being supersticious when I realized it only brought bad luck. Fortuately, it's all minor stuff anyhow, worth laughing about.

Comment

If it werent for bad luck some of us wouldnt have any at all. I will avoid the luck entirely...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                      If it werent for bad luck some of us wouldnt have any at all. I will avoid the luck entirely...
                      That's a staple song from Hee-Haw. My daddy made all of us watch that on TV when it was on its original run. We had the only color TV on our block, maybe the only one in town.

Gloom (doom?), despair
                      Agony on me
                      Deep dark depression
                      Excessive miseRY
                      If it weren't for bad luck
                      I'd have no luck at all
                      Doom, despiar, and agony on me

Yeah, that stuff was great. Especially when Junior Samples in his overalls .... well, Daddy made us watch that.

And he blared WSOC Country Radio all the rest of the time from Charlotte. That's all why I turned out how I am. Opposite. I was just waiting to get away so I could do anything but all of that.

When I get my own place, I ain't gonna....well, I was so glad to get my own place as soon as I was able.

There's no bigger event in life, getting your own first place. But I still truly do miss Daddy's advice.
                      Last edited by pdub; June 30, 2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        That's a staple song from Hee-Haw. My daddy made all of us watch that on TV when it was on its original run. We had the only color TV on our block, maybe the only one in town.

Gloom (doom?), despair
                        Agony on me
                        Deep dark depression
                        Excessive miseRY
                        If it weren't for bad luck
                        I'd have no luck at all
                        Doom, despiar, and agony on me

Yeah, that stuff was great. Especially when Junior Samples in his overalls .... well, Daddy made us watch that.

And he blared WSOC Country Radio all the rest of the time from Charlotte. That's all why I turned out how I am. Opposite. I was just waiting to get away so I could do anything but all of that.

When I get my own place, I ain't gonna....well, I was so glad to get my own place as soon as I was able.

There's no bigger event in life, getting your own first place. But I still truly do miss Daddy's advice.

Reminds me of another Hee Haw song....

"...Where, oh, where are you tonight?
                        Why did you leave me here all alone?
                        I searched the world over and thought I found true love (or new shoes)
                        You met another and PFFFFFT you were gone."

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yep, that's the other one. They did those two songs/skits every week. Those are absolutely two "songs" I'll never need to hear again in person, because they're burned onto my hard drive, internally. I can play either of them back in my mind anytime I want to, in stereo, not that I would want to.

Comment

x2 on the vibram five fingers. Be prepared to have people constantly looking at your feet, but they are extremely comfortable after a day or two of break in. I am in love with mine, and until I have a good reason to wear something else, I will wear these. Definitely not for wear in the shop, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X