The Hoon Laws get tougher in Victoria Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hoon Laws get tougher in Victoria Australia

It was that you'd loose your car for 48 Hrs, now its 30 days.

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

I have heard of this before...what a load of crap...like there aren't bigger and better things to worry about. It must be a big money maker for the are police departments...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Help me out here.... a 'hoon' is a burnout?
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
        I have heard of this before...what a load of crap...like there aren't bigger and better things to worry about. It must be a big money maker for the are police departments...
        I kinda agree with Joe on this one. What exactly does the law consider a "hoon driver"? I thought it originally covered street racing? It seems like a big money maker to me also.
        Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

If memory serves it is anyone engaging in reckless driving..speeding, racing, burn outs, drifting....any one of us would be a hoon in Australia.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

here is some info I found....

Comment

wonder what they do to rental cars.. hehe..
              just another money maker..
              30 days that bill will be huge..
              maybe they should worry more about the crime rate than little burn outs

Comment

I know that if your car is impounded for 30 days here in Tucson it will run you about 1700 bucks to get it out with all the bull shit fees they charge....I can imagine what it would cost down under....

Comment

Rhymes with "June, croon, spoon, tune, etc........." Maybe more love songs are on the way.

Dan

Comment

We have Hoon on our Trophy tees at the local autocross.

Comment

My beloved home state of Victoria unfortunately considers anyone with a modified vehicle pretty much a Hoon. The Victorian cops get great joy out of harassing car guys at any opportunity, great revenue raiser too.

Comment

Aussie gearheads should get together and sue the government for bigotry. The use of the term Hoon is demeaning and degrading. Hoon is being used to describe anyone who owns and works on a modified car as a lower form of human being. Throw multiple, high dollar law suits at them and they'll spend so much time and money fighting the suits in court and tying to look as if they are not bigoted assholes, the politicians won't want the cops to bother you guys so much.

It's time to show just how many car guys are out there. Nothing shows politicians just what kind of power the voter has when he is pissed or feeling abused or neglected by the government. 10,000 car guys rolling into the capital in their rides can really send a message. 100,000 at once will actually show them your power.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

No where is safe .Even the land of Crocodile Dundee and Mad Max. Nanny state for everyone !!!!
                          Organize what Scott said start a huge protest hell it would be fun like a big rolling car show. (Power tour down under)

Comment

when is australian independence day ?

Comment

You know, the Aussies should just send their cars over here for us to hoon.... they hoon quite well
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X