NELSON racing engines _AT IT AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
    Tom's a good promoter... but he's just building the HP here guys.... the claims are being laid by others..... I'll front you the money for the first round Brian... and pay for the 3rd....
    I'll buy a keg, and we'll have a really good time.

"Nelson Racing Engines, the world’s greatest “big horsepower” engine builder."

Interesting. The PR team is on a boil.

Always good to read the disclaimers:

"...Company management, words and phrases like “expect,” “anticipate,” “will feature,” “will include,” “will use,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “objective,” “plan,” “goal” and similar expressions are used to identify forward-looking statements, representing management's current judgment and expectations about possible future events. Management believes these forward-looking statements and financial forecasts, and the judgments, upon which they are based, to be reasonable, but they involve numerous known and unknown risks and they are not guarantees of actual future performance or financial position, which may be materially different from what is expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements..."
    Last edited by Bob Holmes; July 1, 2011, 12:27 PM.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Has anyone else read Build the Perfect Beast by Mark Christensen?

I'm 1/2 way through it now and this car's sales pitch reminds me of this book.

Comment

oh boy , this is getting good

Comment

Cant even imagine trying to start a "new: car company right now... The Jensen S and Jensen R both went by the wayside recently due to cost issues, and those companies based their offerings on modified versions of a car already in existence (albeit with limited avail and appeal)... Im thinking money sink for the investors. At least they will go down with a good motor choice...More power to em if they make it...
          Bruce
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

There was a splash made by a group of guys in Boston who were working on the next mid-engine super car type deal. I got into contact with them and then it all went sideways and weird. I told them that I wanted to do a story, a couple actually (one for web and one for print) about the car. The press guy was all about it until I told them I wanted to either A) ride in the car as a passenger or B) drive the car or C) see the shop. Yeah, things went into silent mode right about then.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The humor in this is that they have no car. Just like your experience, Brian.

Read the website, the first cars we're supposed to be up and running in 2011. Well we're half way through and they don't even have a prototype, just another Lotus Evora looking concept sketch. Sort of like Hennessey's design rip off of the Lotus.

Look at the rip off that is the Tesla, and you and I get to pay for it with our tax dollars. These kinds of "opportunities" have been around...well, since we started building automobiles.

I hope I eat my skepticism, but I doubt it.
              Last edited by Bob Holmes; July 1, 2011, 07:13 PM.
              I'm still learning

Comment

well , at least we know the motors will be up to snuff

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  well , at least we know the motors will be up to snuff
                  we do?
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

like drawing flies to honey

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      like drawing flies to honey
                      ) you are sharp tonight ole man!
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                      X