Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good day to get drunk: departmental changes, and time to update the resume...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day to get drunk: departmental changes, and time to update the resume...

I don't drink, but this day makes me want to start...

Drama in my life, damn it gets amusing at times.

Company is changing things around, restructuring, and got the word today, while I am not laid off, restructuring, and they are working on an "exit strategy" for myself and a few other people.

I still have a job for now...they are looking to see where I can be moved at in the company...but it made me feel like I've worked my ass off and sacrificed a lot of extra hours, do what I can to help the team, and end up at this point.

Wish I almost would have just stayed out working at the restoration shop I was at before I found this job.

Time to have a good mentality, and not get bitter, dust my self off, and pick myself back up, one foot in front of the other but still...
    feels like I pissed 3 years of my life away for nothing.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Seems to happen a lot, best of luck...maybe the shop will take you back on a temp basis while you get back on your feet?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The question is this: at your salary, are you more valuable to the company being there, working your butt off...

Or is your salary too high for what they 'perceive' to be your value?

Sounds like they are a little torn, as you might be liked for your work and attitude, but the bean counters said you cost too much.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

hope it gets better soon buddy
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

test drive some of this and you will forget everything ....... no really, it'll set you on your ass and you will forget everything that happened 36 hours before drinking it LOL

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

hell, don't know. I'm not that highly paid.
            But, I agree with Mel on this...I was a hell of a lot happier working for cash doing resto work...and not stressed out.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Take the drink, then the drink takes you.
              From a expierenced hot rodder, I have to throw in my 2 cents.

The big corporations are now looking for indentured servetude, MEANING that everyone is expendable, no matter what the loyalty or expierence is. 120 years ago this country was built on dreams and small mom and pop business's. Now they make you feel like your nuthin unless you work for a large corporation with beni's. Then throw you under the bus when they are through with you.

When I was a kid, I rode in the back of mom and dad's car without a car seat, or seat belt, ran with scissors, threw dirt clods, hell, I even have been known to dig a tunnel or two.

Now, because of the lawyers and the corporations, they have society convinced that we cannot live without them.

I have been unemployed since January, seem to be making it okay, told the bride that if we can't find work, then, hell, we will just have to hire ourselves and work for us. So far, its working one day at a time, (and I have 4 women to answer too, and a mother-in-law across the street!)
              I think I will build a rat rod out of a MGB since I have the time

You will be ok, don't take the drink, it will just magnify things, then that will get ugly.
              Dave (24+years)
              Last edited by Lazyman; July 1, 2011, 07:27 AM.
              When life hands you lemons, go get a ice cream cone!

Comment

hay, at least they are looking into finding another place to put you within the company..
                most hand your a pink slip and say good luck thanks for coming it..

Comment

Maybe it's not as bad as it seems if they are looking for another place for you? Plus you have a little warning to try and be a little prepared.
                  Never doubt the wonder of a few beers either.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Keep up the good attitude and take one day at time.

Comment

I know very few people that are untouched in this economic downturn we are currently in . You will come thru it .

The area you are in once the water goes down should be ripe with 100's of money making ventures
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like your company is as upset about this as you are - lots of good companies out there that do the same. For those who don't, they pay my fees
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
                          Take the drink, then the drink takes you.
                          You will be ok, don't take the drink, it will just magnify things, then that will get ugly.
                          Dave (24+years)
                          Congratufreakinlations! Awesome!

AND...NBC just got bought by Comcast this year. We have been under the GE bean counter thumb since the '80s. They are the bean counter gods... IT SUCKED! GE SUCKS! They laid off my Mom at the age of 56 and it about did her in. I got lucky, stayed, retrained alot, went from permanent to daily hire and back again and now I have 29 years in.
                          Comcast is a breath of fresh air and although they are BIG they are mom and pop.

Nothing stays the same...It was worth it for me though to hang on...

Good Luck!

Gail
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                          X