Our Lola at Mid Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Lola at Mid Ohio

A few laps from the 2011 SVRA Mid-Ohio enduro driving the Robinson Motorsports' 2007 Lola Judd V10 LMP1 race car. Simply awesome. I'm still smiling from ea...

Here's a link to our new(to us) Lola at Mid Ohio. Guy Cosmo is driving. He gets the car around pretty good. Lots of different classes of cars in the vid that he's passing but we did get our set up pretty good....we were happy to win
    Cognizant Dissident

Small block and Powerglide?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

No but very similar...5.5L V10 Judd with a 6 sp Lola(Hewland). Not much hp...800ish...but tons of torque....pretty cool racecar so far. we're still learning it. We didnt have ground effects on our old car but the set up ideas are kinda the same. You can't see it but we kicked the Audi but bad...and they had Andy Wallace and Doug Smith driving...both excellent drivers but they missed on their race set up...very unusual...we can't count on that happening all the time
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Man, that's neato. He was picking them off!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

his helmet looks like a fancy can of Sun Drop
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Better then SunDrop...his regular ride is the Petron Ferrari in ALMS. I told him we need som free samples next time/

We ran a 1:17:6 and the Audi did like a 1:21....good day for us. no matter how fast you are you"re still a bit...anxious...until the race is oyer
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

That is what I call "reeling 'em in". Now I'm going to say something totally egotisical, and that is when I watch someone's track day video, I say to myself, "I could do better", but not with this video. Fine driving, considering new ride and new to dialing in ground effects and downforce. Some of the drivers he passed didn't know if to poop or get off the pot. Great vid, great driving.
              Last edited by deckofficer; July 1, 2011, 11:24 PM.
              sigpic
              Bob
              516 lb/ft @ 2800
              Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

Originally posted by std View Post
                No but very similar...5.5L V10 Judd with a 6 sp Lola(Hewland). Not much hp...800ish...but tons of torque....pretty cool racecar so far. we're still learning it. We didnt have ground effects on our old car but the set up ideas are kinda the same. You can't see it but we kicked the Audi but bad...and they had Andy Wallace and Doug Smith driving...both excellent drivers but they missed on their race set up...very unusual...we can't count on that happening all the time
                Chew'm up, that's all that car is doing, F'n awesome!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome car and Awesome driving skills for sure, thanks for the Video!
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Nothing wrong with this..excellent driving.It sounds great too.

Comment

Great vid - thanks, Dave! And it's good to hear from you. I wish you were on here more but I suppose you have some excuse, like keeping a race program going.

Dan

Comment

the judd is the old honda F1 motor ?

Comment

the rat motor was made for can am , sounds like a truck
                          one lap of Laguna Seca in a vintage racing McLaren M6 Can Am car! 600hp and 1700 lbs.

Comment

Dave, you guys going to be at Mid America in WI. this year?
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

The 5L we have in our old Riley chassis is based on the Honda F1 but this 5.5L is an all new motor
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X