Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    Ive got one in purple, second row from the bottom, on the right

I had one of those vans in black with flames and that blown pinto in green.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
      I took it out of the box for you.Made by Majorette.

I have this Buick Regal taxi too in almost new condition.Made by Corgi.

And a Dodge Challenger made by Matchbox.

And a real old one..a 59 Buick made by Husky in 59.

Im going to look for one of those Fury's on ebay. I can remember my mom handing me the Challenger in the store when I was a little kid. Funny what you can remember.

Comment

Custom Mustang
        Based on the 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback, this model came in three variations; a common one and two rare versions. The common version has a smooth back window and closed hood scoops. The two rare variations featured; a "ribbed" louvered rear window and openings in the hood scoops that expose the engine. There are no Custom Mustangs with black roofs.

My common version in played-with condition.
        Why I always gotta get the regular one ?

Variation 2 - Ribbed Rear Window

Variation 3 - Open Hood Scoops

The badge that came in the blister pack.

Comment

Now I feel like such a dunce for not holding onto all of my Matchbox cars. F*ck.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931 View Post
            Now I feel like such a dunce for not holding onto all of my Matchbox cars. F*ck.
            This pair is currently for sale on FeeBay for $1,500 !

Comment

Custom T-Bird
              This model is based on the 1967 Ford Thunderbird two-door coupe and was issued with or without a black roof. Models with doors and trunks outlined are considered rare and are priced 200% higher than those without. The Hong Kong casting had an unpainted front grill and the US was painted black.

You can see my car is from HK.

Dave The Bartender's car is the same as mine; Blue w/Black Roof from Hong Kong.

Comment

Found the badge.

Comment

Custom Volkswagen
                  This model based on the 1960's Volkswagen Beetle, has an opening sunroof and exposed engine in the front. This model was issued in Europe with a solid roof (no sun roof) and is very rare.

My well played with version is in Aqua.

Dave The Bartender's V-Dub collection in Gold, Aqua and Copper.

Comment

Deora
                    This model based on the Dodge show truck of the same name, features a black painted tonneau cover and was issued with orange and yellow surfboards. The surfboards rest on the tonneau cover and are inserted into openings in the back window. The US casting had the front end as part of the chassis with ribbed headlights, while the Hong Kong casting had the front end part of the body with flat headlights.

Not sure how I managed to keep the surfboards, but this car was played with lots !!!

Comment

Ford J-Car
                      This model based on the Ford prototype racing car of the same name and was the only racing car issued in the 1968 lineup. It was the first Hot Wheels model to have a rear-opening hood and in order to race well on a track, the hood had to be taped shut to keep from flying open. Models with a white interior are rare and are priced 300% higher of mint price. The US casting had louvers on the rear fenders and the Hong Kong casting did not.

This Red racer was one of my faster cars and I removed the hood, rather than tape it shut.
                      The hood's gotta be around here somewhere ...

Dave The Bartender's car in Green.

My Metal Collector Button.

Comment

Hot Heap
                        This popular Hot Wheels model was based on the hot rod show car built by Don Tognotti, commonly referred to as Tognotti's T and was in the lineup from 1968 to 1971. The US casting had a steering wheel molded in interior and a short trunk and the Hong Kong casting has a black steering wheel insert and a long trunk.

My United States version in Gold, which I think is the best color for this model.

Collector's Button.

Dave The Bartender's car appears to be a Hong Kong casting in Lime (Antifreeze).

A prestine Blister Pack with the hanging hole "unpunched", which indicates that this one was never store displayed. This is a Hong Kong casting.

Comment

One Cam and I bought this week, it's a Nissan Silvia (I think) The fender flares helped it find it's way to our shopping cart lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	856600Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	856599
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Go poke around on this site, alot of cool car for members only.

Mattel Creations is your home for original Hot Wheels collectibles. Shop Hot Wheels Collectors today.

Comment

ive been looking for one of those silvas, havent found one yet, popular piece down here.

Ive been a member of the HWC site for years, free to register but its 25 bux a year to join the redline club
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Charles, I'm wondering if this Silvia we got is a factory mess-up, number on the roof?

We'll have to look for more in our area and ship'um to ya in da south, lots of 'um here.

I'm waiting for this one to show in stores here in NY.

and this...Ed Terry Mustang drag car

Last edited by mustang13; July 31, 2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X