No announcement yet.

Hot Wheels - Car of the Day !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to be a dick or anything ..............

Click image for larger version

Name:	pics 080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	856603
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Oh you son of a....................

Time for a ToysRus run this week I guess lol.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

i found 3 of those at wal-mart, and 1 at kroger

btw im trying to find this one now

Last edited by BOOOGHAR; July 31, 2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Python
          This Hot Wheels car was based on the Dream Car built by Bill Cushenbury for Car Craft Magazine. Mattel originally named the model "Cheetah" and examples with that name on the base are very rare and only a few are known to exist. All Python's were issued with a Black roof and stayed in the lineup through 1971. The US castings had dual carburetors on the engine and the Hong Kong model had a supercharger.

My car is a US version in Gold.

Dave the Bartender's car in Lime (Antifreeze), which is also a US casting.

Here is an example of a Hong Kong casting with a supercharger on engine, in Purple.

Comment

That's one I don't remember.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Silhouette
              If you had to pick one Hot Wheels car out of a lineup, this is the one most people would recognize. This model, based on a Bill Cushenbery show car, helped Mattel's Hot Wheels line stand out from everthing else in the toy aisle in 1968. The US castings had dual carburetors on the engine and the Hong Kong model had a supercharger.

Here is my Hong Kong car with supercharger in Gold.

Dave The Bartender's model is a US casting with dual carburetors, in Lime (Antifreeze).

My metal Collector's Button.

Comment

Mattel continued to issue all 16 cars from the 1968 lineup and added 24 new models.
                This gave collectors a total of 40 Hot Wheels cars to choose from when browsing store shelves.

Mattel added more variety to the lineup this year and all models were organized into five series, under the following classes: Califorinia Custom, Show & Go, European, Classic, and Grand Prix. Of these, only the Grand Prix series cars were issued on a new Hot Wheels blister package, similar in design to the original, with a green background and a Braham-Repco F1 pictured under the Hot Wheels logo. All other cars issued this year appeared on the original Hot Wheels blister pack.

There were eight new cars and the Ford J-Car from 1968, that made up the nine cars available in the Grand Prix Series in 1969 and they were based on cars from several different kinds of racing, from; the Le Mans circuit (Ford Mk IV), the Can-Am series (McLaren M6A), Indy (Indy Eagle & Lotus Turbine), as well as Formula 1 (Brabham-Repco F1).

The first car to appear with a pad-applied painted design, referred to as a "tampo", was issued this year - the Custom Police Cruiser. Other cars from this year were issued with paper stickers or water-transfer decals that could be applied to the cars.

As in 1968, cars from 1969 were manufactured in both the United States and Hong Kong, although most models were manufactured in only one country or the other, but not both.

Classic Series
                Classic '31 Ford Woody
                Classic '32 Ford Vicky
                Classic '36 Ford Coupe
                Classic '57 'Bird

Califorinia Custom Series
                Custom AMX
                Custom Charger
                Continental Mark III
                Custom Police Cruiser

European Series
                Maserati Mistral
                Mercedes-Benze 280SL
                Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow

Show & Go Series
                Splittin' Image
                Torero
                Turbofire
                Twin Mill
                Volkswagen Beach Bomb

Grand Prix Series
                Brabham-Repco F1
                Chaparral 2G
                Ford Mk IV
                Indy Eagle
                Lola GT70
                Lotus Turbine
                McLaren M6A
                Shelby Turbine

My 12-car Rally Case, loaded for fun !

Last edited by Monster; August 31, 2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Classic '31 Ford Woody
                  This model was based on a 1931 wood-paneled ("woody") Ford Station Wagon and had an exposed engine and painted radiator in front. All models come with either a flat black painted or textured glossy black vinyl roof. It was one of only two Hot Wheels cars issued with a textured roof and was manufactured only in the United States.

This Woody has the textured glossy black vinyl roof and is in Orange, a rare color. It also has one of the included stickers attached to the cowl.

This Purple example has the flat black painted roof.

Dave The Bartender started painting the wood-paneled area beige. Modifications like this were common among the young collectors, but dramatically reduced the value. Who cares ?

Comment

Classic '32 Ford Vicky
                    This model is a customized version of the classic 1932 Ford Victoria Coupe and features a painted radiator, as well as motorcycle fenders up front. Most models where issued with a black painted roof, but some red Vicky's were issued with a textured vinyl roof. All Vicky's were only manufactured in the United States and were part of the line-up through 1971.

The metal Collector's Button.

Comment

Classic '36 Ford Coupe
                      This one was based on the 1936 Ford Coupe and has an opening rumble seat with a detailed interior in the back. It also featured a chopped top and lakester pipes. Models with a white interior are considered rare and are priced 200% higher. All models were issued with a black roof and was manufactured only in the United States.

I was really into Drag Racing at this time and was amazed by the awesome look and performance of the Gasser cars. So, I went to my Dad's workbench, got his diagonal cutters and carefully snipped the axle on each front wheel. Then, using paper clip wire, I soldered the wheels back onto the axle to give it the "raised" front end. It didn't roll worth a sh!t, but man did it look cool !!!
                      Over time, my axle weld job didn't hold and one side came off. I still have the wheel around here somewhere ... "Someday, I'm gonna fix'er up" !

Dave The Bartender's car, also in Blue, with just a sticker added.

Comment

I like the new decade series out, different for sure. Just picked up this Mustang at Wally world this week.

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	856678
                        Last edited by mustang13; August 6, 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

A few of my favorite older ones I have, alot with three newer 70 Mustangs I really like.

Name:	010.JPG
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	856683Click image for larger version

Name:	012.JPG
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	856684Click image for larger version

Name:	013.JPG
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	856681

Name:	015.JPG
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	856679Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	856680Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	856682

Comment

This may not be a Hot Wheels item but, it has carryed some of my favorite HW's around for over 33 years without complaint.

Name:	017.JPG
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	856687Click image for larger version

Name:	018.JPG
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	856686Click image for larger version

Name:	019.JPG
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	856685

Comment

if you ever want to part ways with the orange 56 F100, lemmie know lol

Comment

Jeremy, that Matchbox carrier is awesome, thanks for sharing !

Comment

Working...
                                X