Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Chevy Monza 2+2
    This model is based on the 1975 two-door Monza 2+2 hatch-back from Chevrolet. The Chevy Monza 2+2 this year was only released in Orange and Light Green enamel paint, although Mattel issued this model in special Silver Chrome with a Winter Ball tampo design, as a Christmas gift to members of management.

The tampo design features two black stripes that run the length of the car from head-light to taillight over the hood, roof, and trunk. On the hood portion of each stripe, the word "MONZA" appears in black and a distinct black pinstripe block appears between the two stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk.

A French only blackwall model, still in the Blister.

A Chrome Monza, with a Yellow trimmed stripe.

A later issued Monza in Yellow enamel paint shows the tampo design, which stayed the same, just using a different color scheme.

The later released Yellow Monza, still in the Blister Pack.

Green ones go for more than real 75 Monzas.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
      Backwoods Bomb
      This model is a generically styled pickup truck and has a white plastic removable camper shell. The base is made of chromed plastic and in another cost-cutting move, this base was designed to be used with other castings in the lineup, such as the Super Van and Emergency Squad.

The tampo design features a yellow stripe that runs the length of the car along the top over each side. In the portion of the stripe under the camper shell, the words "KEEP ON CAMPING" are cut out of the stripe and are the color of the car. A green stripe runs the length of the car along the bottom on each side. A green panel, trimmed in blue with a yellow block insert fills in the space between the two stripes and the front and back wheels.

The Backwoods Bomb was issued only in Light Blue enamel paint this year.

A Backwoods Bomb in a Blister Pack.

this is a MUST to add to my collection, I dont think ive ever seen one
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• The last 2 were some of the first Hot Wheels I can remember owning...starting to get into my time frame now..cant wait for more.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• this is a 4 piece set from the Hot Wheels LEGENDS line, when this set was first released it sold from 100-150 bux, I got lucky and found this set at a swap meet for 25 bux, the cars are incredibly detailed

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Valparaiso, INDIAND: Super Diecast Toy Show! Do you get tired of checking your local stores for Diecast toys, and there isn't anything new? Than have no fear, as this will be over 150 tables of nothing but diecast cars. Not limited to any particular form of diecast, so come check it out!

September 29th, 2012
            Porter County Expo Center
            215 E. Division Road
            Valparaiso, Indiana 46385
            9:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.
            $5 for Adult Admission
            Early Buyers are Welcomed!
            [email protected]

I won't be set up here, but I do plan to attand (spectating) and wanted to share this as the event sounds interesting. Maybe some of you want to sell there? Or just stop in to look around? Above is the info I found online...
            Jim T
            Supercar Collectibles
            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
            X