Daytona Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Race

Got it on TV, the second time this year I've turned it onto that channel. The first Daytona race this year where the kid won it, that was excting, the end of it. It sure was.

Now some of them have fancy digital thermometers in the side of the head restraint so we can see that when they switch to that in-car camera angle. Technology. Yep, it's hot in the car, even at night.

The 2x2 racing, pair up with your team partner.....I'm sure that's fun to do, but it sure is boring to watch. The grandstand on the back staight is absolutely empty. Nobody sitting there.

The talkers are doing a great job of it, let's replay that, let's watch the gauges on the dashboard, let's listen to the pit crew talking...and they go round and round and round and round. I dunno, I don't have any constructive suggestions how to make it better. No idea. But when a third of the fans don't turn out for the race in person, ...... I dunno.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Hot in Daytona, FL. in July, go figure.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

logano drove over everyone .

Comment

It wasn't too hot on the infield yesterday. Nice breeze to make it almost comfortable. Having a pool in every third campsite helps, too. Friday and Saturday, the weather was great! Wednesday it flooded and Thursday it just rained... but I didn't get there until Friday around noon, so my race weekend was perfect.

Yes, the majority of the Cup race was quite boring without the help of the broadcast team. During the middle of the race, the 2nd pack un hooked, and were running like a regular pack for a while. The whole group lost a bunch of distance to the leaders (who remained paired up). Did the broadcast crew ever ask the race crews why they did this?

The July race has never had the attendance of the February race, and the stands in the super stretch have been closed for the July race for 3 or 4 years now. If you can't completely book the stands in main stretch, I guess it's a logical financial decision to not open the super stretch.

Comment

the choking camp fire smoke in the infield gets to be too much , can't do it anymore

Comment

Working...
          X