Wrenching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
    How do you sleep with that rumble strip on the road? Every car that went by made a thump thump sound.
    Man, I can sleep anywhere.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Almost finished getting my POS ready for El Mirage next weekend. Working on the air shifter, fun......
      Attached Files
      There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

I am finally back to working on getting the 454 into the truck. I wired up the alternator and the distributor yesterday morning. Just lack a few small items before I fire it up. Hopefully, that will happen this weekend. Been working on my house in Alabama trying to get the renovation finished so I can sell it (or move back into it...)

Keith- I painted my truck in my garage last year. I built a paint booth out of cheap plastic, rope, duct tape, 2 x4's, and staples. Used a few cheap AC filters and box fans to create a cross (and down) draft. Worked ok- needed more fans. It fogged up too much.

As for the spark plugs breaking in the heads- that happened to me with my LAST set of Autolites in a set of aluminum heads. They had been antisiezed at install, but 3 of them broke as they were being removed. I pulled the heads to make sure nothing got into the cylinders. (SBC). Real pain for something that should not have taken but an hour....
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

My brother's been wrenching. Or soldering. Or something.

We saw him yesterday afternoon, and he had most of the wiring done, but not all of it. He said he took it to a 4th party last night, it was a hit.
          Last edited by squirrel; July 5, 2011, 01:57 PM.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

'cationing this week. no wrenching :-)
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I bought a seized up canopener at goodwill and tore it apart, cleaned it, lubed it up and reassembled it in functional order. Does that count?

Comment

Depends on how FAST it can now open a can. Wazzamatter - can't afford modern, pull-top cans?

Dan

Originally posted by 98ciHemi View Post
                I bought a seized up canopener at goodwill and tore it apart, cleaned it, lubed it up and reassembled it in functional order. Does that count?

Comment

Spent the fourth working the day job. Earn a couple extra bucks.

Sold my spare left fender and grille/radiator support/header panel/headlight bucket setup. Made $325.

Bought a Performer intake for the Monte for $50. Clean one too. Also, bought a stereo and speakers for the Monte.
                  Last edited by Scott Liggett; July 5, 2011, 07:33 PM.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Dad wants to launch the boat...

so it got a new marine (read: "expensive") Quadrajet for the mercruiser, and I plopped that on while laying on my stomach for a couple hours praying I didn't drop anything important into the frickin' bilge. Most of that time was swearing at a minor fuel leak... dang carb came out of the new box with a plastic gasket pinched/folded in the fuel filter inlet.

Then I proceeded to swear at a few 50-year-old rivets while grinding/drilling/sweating/swearing a new set of motor mounts onto the '56.

Then it was cookout time!
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Depends on how FAST it can now open a can. Wazzamatter - can't afford modern, pull-top cans?

Dan
                      Nope, I'm just a poor college kid saving his money to go fast.

I was opening cans with my hunting knife before I got the canopener. It worked fine and definitely had the overkill factor when you pull out a big knife to open a can of peas. Word to the wise: while the hunting knife is fine for opening the can, trying to eat peas with a hunting knife is a no-go.

Comment

Walt - SON!!!! You eat the peas off the back side of the blade!

That's OK - we love ya anyway.

Say HI! to the folks for me.

Dan

Comment

The only wrenching I've been doing lately is on the pontoon boat - changed props a couple times, replaced the stereo and speakers, changed oil, filter, lower end lube, plugs, etc. Purrs like a kitten and does great on gas. Lee LOVES being out on the boat.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X