Gonna lose my virginity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna lose my virginity.....

Going to the T-N-T at SIR tonight, gonna run Sally and see what she'll do....

I have only made a few solo passes in my truck years ago....this will be the first real track time I have ever had.

I have no idea how to launch, my reaction times are gonna suck and I am probably gonna be slow as shit....

Wish me luck....I will post times and stuff tonight....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Nice dude!!!!

Have fun and don't give a rip about what anyone else thinks!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

13.54@102 is the time to beat, and if you get the launch down, I think you've got it.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hell yeah!

Brian, that is huge, no matter what the subject is, "Have fun and don't give a rip about what anyone else thinks! "

That's just huge. Today, tomorrow, any day no matter what. Hell yes.

And good luck and have fun Joe!!!!!!

Photos?
        Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2011, 06:30 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Have Fun! be smooth...
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I passed tech, got the new racer briefing and am waiting for them to open the lanes....pretty excited. Not a whole lot of cars here tonight so hopefully I get a few passes....I forgot my damn camera but I have internet on my phone so hold tight for updates. I have my ipod so I can upload a few snapshots to my face book....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I don't know how all of that modern shit works, just get a few images here. I wanna see them.

GO JOE!
              Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2011, 06:49 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

First thing I learfned tonight: bring folding chair

Comment

Drop the hammer on the second yellow!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Drop the hammer on the second yellow!

Hell yah.....drive it like you stole it!
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

did you already go or was that a phone post? How'd it do? Man it's hot, I'd think a 100.00 HF generator and a 100.00 5k a/c would be the second and third things I'd take. (cuz I'm lame like that)
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Alright well here is the deal....

The car has a LOT more in it but the best I could muster on the track tonight was a 14.7 @95mph

My reaction times were in the went from a .68 all the way down to .12 and I had one red light...I was going on the 2nd light but on the red light run I had the traction control off and it jumped a little quicker...

My first pass made me crap my pants, I had a solid launch but when I grabbed 2nd the tires broke loose and I got real squirrely...I let off, straightened out and got back in it and then it broke loose when I hit 3rd....that netted me a 16 sec run

After that run Jim suggested I drop the tire pressure...took it down to 25psi and do a little burn out....I did and that made quite a bit of difference in the subsequent runs

The best launch I had was with the traction control on, had a .12 reaction time...spun just a little off the line but when I grabbed 2nd it spun but I stayed straight and kept on it...

I had a real good run going but....Found out where the rev limiter is....so I know right where I need to shift now...

I learned a lot and had a total of 6 runs...I could have had more but I took a break and hung out with Jim for a bit....One of the most important things I learned was not to show up at 6, we did not get a run in til 830...everyone in the staging lanes was PISSED.

I feel this car could run a high 13 if it could get some traction....I was spinning off the line, spinning in 2nd and spinning at half track in 3rd....normally on the street you can get a little chirp in 2 and 3...on this track....the tired were breaking loose big time...

all in all I had a blast and it was really freaking cool of Jim to drive the hour to hang out. He took some pics and a few videos to boot so we may see something here soon....

Comment

That was fun, I should go to the races more often!

it's late...I'll put together a video in the morning?. Let's see, 15 seconds per run, 6 runs, that's only a minute and a half!
                          Attached Files
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Oh yeah. It is morning.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Dang Joe,
                              Looks like a heck of a good time. Are you still smiling?
                              Jeff
                              Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                              X