Gonna lose my virginity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
    I don't know if you read my Identy crisis post about being an old man, but I'm telling you, I'm coming full circle.
    Screw these car shows, they make you feel hollow.
    The next weekend I have off I'm going back to the track. There is a fellowship there I can't explain. But it's there.
    I wish I had a friend like you that lived closer. I live at the track like a road show carney does. I was never able to tell the difference, but you are grounded and you can have a good time with it.
    There is nothing better than taking your machine out there and seeing what you can do with it, then taking it back home and trying to better next week!
    there is certainly a camaraderie at the track I see in very few other places...but that seems to me to be among the regulars, the dedicated track guys...there was a bit of animosity and arrogance I got from many of the test and tuners....

Like I said, I have been dreaming of running on a track since I was a teen...I will be effing 36 in 2 weeks. I just have never had anything to run, the Fury scares me, I always wonder if it can handle it, if it will pass tech and such and if I wreck...I doubt I will walk away.

It was great to have Jim there, I work with car guys but they don't race and I do not have any civilian friends local. If I had a few more friends around here like you and other folks here on the forum I wold be at the track all the damn time.

Hell, I can remember the very first time I went to a track, July 1990, Quaker City in Ohio. I rode there with my neighbor and a friend who had an 88 Mustang GT manual trans car it had some bolt on goodies and centerlines. we drove the car there...he ran 13's all day long....and then we drove it home....21 years later I was running a Mustang GT at a real track for the first time...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I remember my first time too, and it consumed me...
      If you just keep going out there you will see....I live about 20 minutes from my track and they all remeber me, I went like 7.10 @ 120 in a a/fuel dragster and they still remember...it all the same guys. I bring my camaro there and i sit and talk...miss my turn!
      I've ben going to the same cruis spot for 5 years and I still can't park....
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

what size tires do you have?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          I have 18's

I have talked to some folks about the Nittos and I have not heard any rave reviews but for 200 bucks I dont think you can beat it....I can also fit 15's back there. I have been checking out the phx and tucs list since that night. maybe some 15's and a ste or radials will fall in my lap...and a million dollars too...
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I missed this post originally - very cool - glad you had fun Joe.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
              I have 18's

I have talked to some folks about the Nittos and I have not heard any rave reviews but for 200 bucks I dont think you can beat it....I can also fit 15's back there. I have been checking out the phx and tucs list since that night. maybe some 15's and a ste or radials will fall in my lap...and a million dollars too...
              You sure 15's will fit Joe? My L can't have anything smaller then 16's without grinding the calipers.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

my pontiac grand prix can't even have smaller then 16" rims
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  You sure 15's will fit Joe? My L can't have anything smaller then 16's without grinding the calipers.
                  guy at the garage says there are a couple guys in his club running 15's....calipers look pretty damn small...I have some 17" Enkies and some 15" Ford steel rims in the back yard...Going to put them on just to see how close before I make any purchases.

Comment

Working...
                  X