old used parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old used parts

Here is something I've been thinking about. I go to a lot of National events, divisionals, IHRA, and match races.
    I need a new set of slicks, and I'm going to pay $50 for another set and get 200 miles on them. Plenty of burn outs and probably last me the rest of the year.

I see plenty of used parts for sale, I get 4.5 stroke Bryant top fuel cranks laying by the trash can with a waisted bearing that I've sold for $200. Plenty of sleves for a 4.187 bore for a Brad or TFX block. I've tossed top fuel cam shafts with a flat lobe. I could play guess the part for days.

Anyone on the look out for something? I could probably get it to you for the price of shipping. It makes me want to build a 440 or something, but anyway. I like to "dumpster dive" at races.

I'm not looking to make any money on this, just a BangShift brother hood service to you guys....You would be supprised at the shit I see in the trash!

I'm just a lowly TAD racer and I'm always looking for used disks and floaters, so I'm ther anyways...

Speak up!
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Oh, don't ask for old top fuel slicks..I see people rolling those all over the place, I don't have room,and what are you really going to do with it? Unless you want to pay me, which after you talk to your wife, I'm sure you don't!
    Originally posted by TC

Comment

How about a couple of rod and pistons or a blower belt from a fuel or alky engine? I would like them as shop/ conversation pieces. PM me if you can get them (cheap or free)- I will cover shipping.
      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

a waterman nuclear pump for my irrigation system

Comment

a waterman nuclear pump for my irrigation system
          Hope you have a DEEP well.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I see what I can do and reply back, as far as a fuel pump....I've never seen one of those in the trash, lol!
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

I wouldn't mind being inline for a couple used pistons. Ones with character. Like a hole or burnt up. If you find any that you don't want pm me and I will pay for shipping.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Years ago I've always wanted to have a 4.5" stroke Mopar crank and build me the largest motor possible in a stock Mopar block casting.
                Recently a friend of mine offered a new 440source stroker crank for sale for an interesting price, but while I thought about it it also occured to me that my projects are seeming to get done slower and slower, so I doubt I'll ever get to building such an engine.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Thats what I wanted to do too, but all I had at the time was the crank. Gary Scelzi gave me my first one.
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                  X