No announcement yet.

Gonna toot my own horn for a minute...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna toot my own horn for a minute...

Woohoo! I am the 2011 Sunflower State Games Masters Division Disc Golf Champion!!!

It was hot as hell - 104 degrees - and I shot a crappy first round. In the second round, I came from 4 strokes down to tie the leader and force a playoff.

I DID IT!!!!

How was yall's weekend?

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Ward; July 10, 2011, 03:47 PM.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

toot away man, toot away.

A kid I used to work with was heavy into disk golf...looks like it could be fun...congrats...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

You toot ahead, Ron. Congratulations! I know exacly what you're takling about.

I played golf for about 20 years and I got worse amd worse and worse. You're supposed to get better with practice. I got worse. My older brother got all the golf. He's a scratch player. He even walks like a golfer. The walk, the swing, all of it. He sure looks good doing it. He got the genes, I missed out.

Good on you Ron! I'll bet that was way fun. It had to be.
      Last edited by pdub; July 10, 2011, 04:48 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        Woohoo! I am the 2011 Sunflower State Games Masters Division Disc Golf Champion!!!

It was hot as hell - 104 degrees - and I shot a crappy first round. In the second round, I came from 4 strokes down to tie the leader and force a playoff.

I DID IT!!!!

How was yall's weekend?

Ron
        Congrats Ron!!!!!

Comment

Yeah it was hot as hell today.......my work out route goes through
          a disc golf area and it was rough today.

Congrats!

I don't play regular golf.........takes a lot of balls
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Congrats.Sounds like you were "Makin Bacon"Have a beer,you deserve it as it was hot SOB today.

Comment

Toot.Toot. Toot.

Hey, where's the pic of you necking the trophy girl?

Btw, my old roomie just got a course in the park behind his house. It didn't take long for his wife know where to look whenever he went missing.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Winning at competition is kick ass! no matter what type of competition it is. Good stuff!
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

He shoots, he scores!!!!
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I'm with Scott on this one...... Winning beats losing 99% of the time... ( ya gotta let the kids win once in a while.... )

Good on ya Ron.... thanks for tooting .... otherwise we wouldn't know you were any good at that poop...

Comment

Rons known around these parts for lots of things.Disc Golf,Announcing at HPT,Jamming on his guitar and Bacon Sunday.And his Roadrunner hasnt seen daylights in years.OOPS.

Comment

unable to upload pics....
                        Last edited by Ron Ward; July 12, 2011, 07:55 PM.
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Dont see them and I have my glasses on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	269112_242543875765453_100000295282066_997643_4198577_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	856284
                            Finally got the pic to upload.

These are the approach discs and putter that worked fantastic for me this past weekend. The putter at the top left is an old, old, old Innova Pro Rhyno, the blue disc at the top right is a fairly new addition to my golf bag. It's a Latitude 64 Pain overstable approach disc and the silver disc at the bottom is my bread & butter: a Latitude 64 Core stable approach disc.

The small gold disc attached to the ribbon in the middle is a Sunflower State Games gold medal.

Ron
                            Last edited by Ron Ward; July 12, 2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Congrats for winning at the SSG.Hot SOB for sure.I think they need to make it like restrictor plate racing.One Wham-O frisbee and thats it.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X