BS'er Brian Rock wins NMRA/NMCA/NHRA Unleashed Event at California Speedway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    I like to brag that I wrote the feature on Brian's car that ran in HRM.

It really is an awesome piece!

It WAS the writing that really made the car stand out among all the others in that issue...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

F-that.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

just trying to throw a dog a bone man...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by goat racer View Post
          Here is the video of the final round. And the crowd goes wild!!!!! ....... well, sort of:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTuLG3wgl_o

10.07x

that's sooo close to a 9.999!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

But was there "cardboard" on the grille?

Some of us remember.... cardboard....LOL

And congradulations too!
            Last edited by Jimsc52; July 13, 2011, 02:42 PM.
            Jim T
            Supercar Collectibles
            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

No cardboard this time! Just a little "jetting and timing" adjustment for the final two rounds.
              Attached Files

Comment

beating the champ !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brian R , your not gonna go into hiding again are you? Stick around or at least drop in more often!
                  Doug
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                    Brian R , your not gonna go into hiding again are you? Stick around or at least drop in more often!
                    Doug
                    Indeed, stick around. I need to know what a 65 GTO is supposed to look like!

Comment

Well glad to see all the hard susp work is paying off for you, do you have the numbers all the way down the track?
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

yes, and how about a refresher on the latest version of the GTO. ( Cause I know you dont ever leave anything alone! )
                        i would love to see the incrementals too.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I do need to come and visit more often for sure. Bill was giving me grief for being MIA as well!
                          The time slip is at home but I will get it and post up the incramentals.

Here are the biggest changes to the car over the last few years.

Aftermarke block (IAII) 4.310" x 4.250" = 496" (broke the 421 real bad at Pinks a few years ago).
                          Removed Dick Miller "no hop" system and went back to all stock location rear suspension points with TRZ double adjustable upper and lower arms.
                          Afco DA shocks in the rear and QA1-Rs up front with Santhuff 225 springs.
                          Trans brake in the 200-4R.
                          Changed from 4.10s to 3.73s in the rear, and also changed the stock 2.74 low gear in the 200 to a straight cut 2.41 gear set. Was at 11.25:1 starting line ratio and now have 9:1 slr. This was the biggest gain in consistancy and ET using the 275/60 Hoosier radials.
                          The car has gone 1.392 60', and is much more predictable than it used to be. T/brake is fun too!

I still want to make a cam change and step up the X-pipe to 3.5" to match the headers. Hopefully by the end of the year I can get that done and get the nine second time slip!

Comment

Congrats !! Cool Car !

Comment

Are you using the hr parts and stuff anti roll bar ?
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Yes, still using the HR parts rear AS bar.

Here are the incrementals on my best pass prior to this weekend. This is at Bakersfield with a DA of 1821' and all motor @ 3920 lbs.
                                6.398 @ 106.49
                                10.09 @ 132.53

Here is the final round pass at Fontana last Sunday. The DA was at 3600' (90+ degrees) and the car was over 4000 lbs.

6.47 @ 108.35
                                10.07 @ 135.27

All I am going to admit to is "jetting and timing" adjustmets on Sunday! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X