Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM finally going to offer a compact car with diesel in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM finally going to offer a compact car with diesel in the US?

Estimated 50mpgs?

Escaped on a technicality.

CARB will put the kabosh on that

Comment

just another car that sucks to work on , breaks a lot and doesn't pay

Comment

Maybe it'll help it's "corporate" CARB mpg limits. More high-mpg compact cars allow for more lower mpg fun cars. Dust off your diesel books spidey
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

you do relize diesels are nto a dirty or poluting as you keep saying they are. car and driver did a comparison back in 2008 with the TDi jetta and the priuse and the jetta put out less emissions then the priuse also got better MPG as well
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
            you do relize diesels are nto a dirty or poluting as you keep saying they are. car and driver did a comparison back in 2008 with the TDi jetta and the priuse and the jetta put out less emissions then the priuse also got better MPG as well
            Ya my dad has a diesel Jetta, best he's gotten was 48mpg. Also they don't test diesels for emissions like they do gas jobs, the only thing they measure in a diesel is "Opacity"

Comment

the diesel chevette was the bomb

Comment

yep , with a urea system
                no reason for stink pot diesels

Comment

1970s-1980s diesel car vs 2011+ diesel is a HUGE difference, just like the gas burners.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    Ya my dad has a diesel Jetta, best he's gotten was 48mpg. Also they don't test diesels for emissions like they do gas jobs, the only thing they measure in a diesel is "Opacity"
                    For older diesels, yes. As of 2007, diesel emissions were under FAR more scrutiny than gassers. that's why Caterpillar stopped making roadgoing engines altogether, and all the others that still make truck engines, are exhausting air that's rumored to be cleaner than that which they take in.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      yep , with a urea system
                      no reason for stink pot diesels
                      don't worry, since it's a chevy it's a given it'll be a piece of crap and keep you busy for many moons
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

good plan for CAFE.....lets Chevy keep making more lower mpg cars that we like.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'll admit it.... I don't mind many diesels up here - I ride my bicycle a lot and I can tell the ones that are burning biodiesel..... smells like french fries... almost makes me forget they tried to kill me with their 4' wide trailer mirrors.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I would stand in line for a 7-passenger vehicle that gets 40 mpg, diesel or not.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

My friend just bought a 81 Seville Diesel. He thinks he seeing 30 mpg from that. It runs well right now too.I just dont get why GM dosent offer the 1500 pick up and suburban and Tahoe with diesels even a full size sedan. CAFE or the EPA must be stopping them.
                              Last edited by antmnte; July 11, 2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X