Hot. Real Hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot. Real Hot.

This is ridiculous. Here's a "live" shot from the Official Weeville Squirrell Pee Weather Station as we speak:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	877601
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

It was 111 here in Wichita yesterday.
    You're a pussy.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Why are you checking the temperature of Squirrell Pee?
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

It's not the 99 as so much as it is the 118 heat index. Dang, the humidity. I was driving home from work a couple hours ago and passed a guy in his yard, mowing knee-high weeds with a push mower. Dang, dude, the hottest part of a miserably hot day, and...

Well, yeah, I'm a pussy for sure. Close the doors, crank the AC up and stay out of if. I'm a beer guzzling office worker to start with. This kind of heat makes me run and hide. Yep, all in what you are used to I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          Why are you checking the temperature of Squirrell Pee?
          The Squirrell Pee weather station reference comes from way back...I used to have the sensor package on the fence. But now it's up on a 10-foot length of PVC.

That was a fun thread. Well, they all are actually. Gail, are you going to make me go look for it? (The thread)

Comment

Oh no, just trying hard to understand what exactly goes on in Weeville...and why anyone would want to know the temperature of squirell pee...
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

welcome to my life
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                Oh no, just trying hard to understand what exactly goes on in Weeville...and why anyone would want to know the temperature of squirell pee...
                Okay, you're gonna make me do it (find that thread). I hope it works after the changeover. Well, there's no guarantee. The thread about "Some Bullshit's Happening" definitely disappeared. There's no guarantee, but I'll try to go find it. Just for you, since you're you. The thread is better than any explanation I could ever offer by itself. At least that's how I remember it, anyhow.

Comment

Okay, that thread is gone, too. Along with lots of others in history.

Gail the gist was, I had the sensor package (the wind propeller, all of it about the size of a large can of soup) attached to the fence. The squirrells would run along the fence and the weather package was in their way. They'd run past it or weave around it, but some of them would pause and hike a leg up on it, like, get outta my way. The squirrells peed on it.

That was the first weather thing I had, and I was all but sure the relative humidity reading was way wrong, too high. Folks here suggested it was from the squirrels peeing on it....well, that's the best I can re-create that. It was great. No good without everybody else's remarks and obversations.

Forecast= 80% chance of squirrell pee or something like that.
                  Last edited by pdub; July 11, 2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

99 degrees? We haven't seen temps below 100 in two weeks! That's 100+ every day for the last two weeks and no end in site.
                    Last edited by sedandelivery55; July 11, 2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Gail the gist was, I had the sensor package (the wind propeller, all of it about the size of a large can of soup) attached to the fence. The squirrells would run along the fence and the weather package was in their way. They'd run past it or weave around it, but some of them would pause and hike a leg up on it, like, get outta my way. The squirrells peed on it.

That was the first weather thing I had, and I was all but sure the relative humidity reading was way wrong, too high. Folks here suggested it was from the squirrels peeing on it....well, that's the best I can re-create that. It was great. No good without everybody else's remarks and obversations.

That's all I wanted to know...you really were measuring squirell pee.

Comment

Not on purpose, but yeah we were. Squirrell pee. Measuring squirrell pee. And that made the mechanized-electronic weather forecast be a whole lot different. Not that it had any actual effect on the weather, though....

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I remember that thread.

I still stay inside too. maine only gets high 80s...but heat index, ouch.
                          salty air or what.

an extremely dense/serious weld only needed today for the final squeezer...
                          -28F below is the extreme it heads to next....

I like the heat, but do have to avoid too much.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It is supposed to be 103 here tomorrow. I hate to think what the heat indez will be. Can't get much done in an non-air conditioned garage in temps like this. I'm going out tomorrow and getting an air conditioner for it tomorrow.

Comment

It's STILL freaking hot. I checked about 30 minutes ago and it was 90 degrees with a heat index of 104 degrees. I'm ready for fall.
                              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X