• Show
Clear All

• Syracuse Nationals Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Third year for the nationals, awsome timeClick image for larger version

Name:	2009 Syracuse car show 016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	877602

Headed out Thursday morning. Driving the Nova the whole way back and forth! See ya out there.

Comment

I live only an hour and a half away and have never gone. I'll get there one of these years.

Going to the East Cougar Nationals this weekend in Bridgewater, NJ.
      sigpicJohn Castelli
      www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

really big show ..went to the 83 and 84 car craft street machine nationals there and the 1995 nsra nats at the fairgrounds

Comment

Syracuse

SpiderGearsMan, I was at those very same shows. all three of them. The Car craft shows, I had my small block Vega Wagon at, drove it out and back with 4:88's and a 10gal cell. Didnt I read somewhere here awhile back that you woked at Best Chevy. Do I maybe know you?

Comment

only worked there for a few days really ...2001 -august to december
            weird dudes

Comment

I'm headed there early Friday morning. Whole shop is actually. Dinosaur BBQ Friday and Saturday night!
              Last edited by VTJUNK; July 13, 2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

My buddys in the LOST KUSTOMS are all going but I have to work as always

Comment

Gonna have to miss this year, first time in a while. Headed to Italy in the morning. Can't wait for the gelato.
                  Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

We hit up the Dinosaur BBQ fairly early on satyrday night. Our waitress "talked" us into doing a drive by when we left. She wanted burnouts! We cruised by as we left and maybe left a small patch or two for them. No big smokey burnouts....The BBQ was great, we'll hit that up again next year.

Our trip out was perfect. I was surprised to find my Nova gave me 17 miles per gallon with the over drive trans. That was great! However, on the way home 2:00 sunday afternoon, I ended up nondrivable in the Little Falls NY Service area. with broken belts in bothe front tires. After a long story that I do not have time to write here, I found my way to a super walmart in Herkirmer NY about 6:15pm, 45 minutes before they closed. Looked around for any two tires that would fit just to get me back on the road. I rolled into my garage around 1:30 am on monday morning.

Will I do it again, Yep! Car ran flawless, got great highway mileage and nothing that was in my control went wrong with it.

Comment

Crap , too bad we don't know each other, I live in Little Falls and could have hooked you up.

Comment

I made it back to VT on Monday night. Man was it hot out there! My boss was stuck in Troy NY Sunday evening after hitting a rock and smashing an oil pan with his lowrider Newport. Had to be towed to VT. Ouch

Comment

gearhed1971, Now I find out...LOL Boy, They really roll up those sidewalks out there early huh. NOTHING was open. I do have to say, It was a beautiful area anyway...People were friendly enough too. Just one more story to tell down the road.

Comment

are the cops as anti hot rod as they were a few years ago? i like the show, but man, between the young kids drinking and fighting and the police handing out tickets, kind of killed it for me.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

The Cops were very present. I saw a few cars pulled over for leaving a set of lights too hard or chirping second gear. But on the other hand, I saw quite a few cars driving around town with open headers and they were not bothered.

As for fights, I didnt see any of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X