Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronics project help

Howdy,

I'm going to line this out so you circuit heads out there can help me out if its possible. I'm putting a Switchpitch TH400 behind my V6 which is run by an L67 EFI system so it has a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). For y'all that don't know (I don't think its many but just for reference) a TPS is a 0-5V (0.5-5V reality) rotary voltage position switch. That means roughly 0.5V at idle and 5.0V at WOT. The switchpitch solenoid is intended to be operated at a stop to keep the vehicle from creeping by putting the converter to high stall, it is then supposed to go low stall at anything from just off idle to around 60% throttle where it goes back to high stall. Normally this is operated by a linear switch on the manifold and a switch on the throttle arm for 0% throttle.
    What I want to do is roll the functions of all these switches and the kickdown into working off of the TPS. I've got enough electronics background to have designed the basics of the system. Run a voltage regulator on the input side for stability and then some adjustable comparators on to trigger the relays for the SP solenoid and the kickdown. The idle functionality would be engaged by the brake light switch. From a breadboard standpoint I think I have it, a regulated 5V reference bus with a voltage divider with a potentiometer to set the comparator saturation voltage which would then operate the 12V relays. However there has to be a prepackaged version of this already out there where I can just wire the input, reference, and output then set the comparator and go. Anyone know of such a product?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790
Working...
X