Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...so Junior Dragsters......love them or hate them....these kids can race !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
    TC, check out Junior Comp cars. You described them to a "T".

Ron
    What do they say, if you think of it, someone is probably already doing it....

I really think that would be a lot of fun, definitely something the average Drag Racer could get into, and I'm sure those cars fly!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      What do they say, if you think of it, someone is probably already doing it....

I really think that would be a lot of fun, definitely something the average Drag Racer could get into, and I'm sure those cars fly!!!!!
      They run on an index... 6.40 in the 1/8 mile......yup....they fly......they also go through all 6 gears in a pass.....insane air shifting.
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I think you guys are going about it all wrong. I would use a 650 Polaris triple liquid cooled, or an old Yamaha SRX engine, and have the Snyders set up a clutch for me. Run it like a mini fuel car.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

You were up on the hill and didn't let me know?!?!?! Me and the boys would have come out for sure.

I'm glad the JD's are now run for the most part at their own events ... they are neat, but not in the middle of an already long race weekend.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You race where there is a good car count.LOL. Alot of tracks have JRs qualifying in the a.m. and eliminations starting at noon,big cars start qualifying at noon and elimnations starting later.Does Bandimere to it that way? Might be something for them to do.

Comment

I always seem to smile when I see the youngsters getting suited up and race. I know some of the old guys get impatient having to wait on them, but in the end, these kids are the future John Force and Shirley Muldowneys. I'm also shocked over the amount of aminosity shown towards the lil racers by the old farts who have been out on the track for decades. What a bunch of selfish, short sided Aholes. Their constant bitching and bad attitudes having to wait an extra half an hour is only going to hurt the future of the sport.

I'm also surprised and impressed by the money and time the parents put in for their kids. Many sacrifice all their free time and thousands of dollars invested in these little race cars.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                I know some of the old guys get impatient having to wait on them, but in the end, these kids are the future John Force and Shirley Muldowneys. I'm also shocked over the amount of aminosity shown towards the lil racers by the old farts who have been out on the track for decades. What a bunch of selfish, short sided Aholes. Their constant bitching and bad attitudes having to wait an extra half an hour is only going to hurt the future of the sport.
                I don't know who if anybody this was aimed at but I certainly don't have a problem with Junior Dragsters or Motorcycles, it's the track operators, if they'd just anounce it in advance or or give them a time slot that would work for everybody. I'm guessing you'd probably have a different outlook if you were sitting there with a helmet on, neck brace, firesuit and strapped into a FC Cage!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Does cost to play.I took out a 5k home equity loan to get us started in 1998 and threw it in the back of my truck and towed him to the lanes with a POS 3 wheeler.Got re married and the wife talked me into getting a 16 ft trailer behind the truck and ended up with a dually and a 24 ft enclosed..Low dollar but we went rounds.Bologna sandwiches for years.Once my son got out of JRs I told him if he wants to race a big car its on his dime.It may take awhile but hes trying.

Comment

Phil,the JRs starting earlier in the day worked here quite well.Its something all tracks need to look at doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      I don't know who if anybody this was aimed at but I certainly don't have a problem with Junior Dragsters or Motorcycles, it's the track operators, if they'd just anounce it in advance or or give them a time slot that would work for everybody. I'm guessing you'd probably have a different outlook if you were sitting there with a helmet on, neck brace, firesuit and strapped into a FC Cage!
                      If you know someone who is having to sweat it out in the staging lanes; maybe they should direct their anger at those who deserve it. The track operators, not the kids.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rebeldryver View Post
                        if you know someone who is having to sweat it out in the staging lanes; maybe they should direct their anger at those who deserve it. The track operators, not the kids.

I'm thinking that's what I said!
                        Last edited by Grumpy; July 12, 2011, 08:44 PM.
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

LOL!^^^^^

Make the kids clean up after themselves too, damn it!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The reason I brought up love them or hate them is because people /racers have griped and complained about them for years now. These gripers have zero clue of the dedication the families and the kids apply to their racing. My son has dedicated his time to this hobby......he should not have to listen to adults who give him a hard time about running his car during a test and tune.....we paid the same amount as they did. But every time we run it never fails that some ricer racer bitches that they shut down the TNT to run juniors. It just gets really old...... I can't help it that most of them didn't have dads in their miserable lives......hope that clears the air.....LOL
                            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X