Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to decide if I should buy back the Olds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to decide if I should buy back the Olds.

get the word from the Ins . co that the olds is a total loss. they said I can have it for $950.00
    now to figure out if I can salvage more than that. it has a great running 71 400 sbc, turbo 350 and 3.08 rear.
    ( stock 56 ) new brakes frt and rear and m/cyl.

It also has new wide whites on gm police wheels. 5 on 5 bolt pattern, with factory 56 hub caps. plus a set of of 55 fiestas. also a good trunk, and emblem, and lots other trim.
    Just trying to justify whether to buy it or not.
    Any help, or advise?
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

I'm still freaked out by your story and pics would surly help, but your running gear has to be worth more than $950....I would think.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Buy it back.

Comment

If you are industrious you can sell off more than $950 in parts. As mentioned, the engine is probably worth the $950. I was going to do that with my firebird, but... =/
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I will post pics really soon, they are vey hard for me to look at. I want to cry everytime I do, she sure didnt deserve what I did to her. She was such a good old girl. The last time anything hurt this much is when I put my dog.down ( was way way worse) but it is that kind of pain. its gonna hurt for a long long time.

on a side note, im changing my own trache tube, making my own food, walking around the house and even shot the sunset today. Plus I shaved woo hoo. cant wait to loose the oxygen! ( i dont use it except to keep the trache
          . )
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

a known good running motor is going for a grand out here most times .. buy it back and part it out or salvage what you want for the next project...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Buy it back if you can handle it. Lots more than $950 in parts there, but if it is going to make you miserable, let it rest in peace.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                I will post pics really soon, they are vey hard for me to look at. I want to cry everytime I do, she sure didnt deserve what I did to her. She was such a good old girl. The last time anything hurt this much is when I put my dog.down ( was way way worse) but it is that kind of pain. its gonna hurt for a long long time.

on a side note, im changing my own trache tube, making my own food, walking around the house and even shot the sunset today. Plus I shaved woo hoo. cant wait to loose the oxygen! ( i dont use it except to keep the trache
                . )
                Holy shit dude, I love your attitude, and maybe that pile of metal should wait until you're feeling a little better!
                I've wrecked a few cars but I've faired a little better than you each time, I still have a little piece of each of them all. I'd get it back and figure out what to do with it later. I know I'd sleep a little beter if it was in my possesion than someone else.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

the fiestas are worth that much

Comment

Anyone know if the olds cpe seat is the same as the 55/57 chev frames, because I know they are worth decent cash. plus it had a mint hood rocket and trunk emblem. ( may keep the rocket!)
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking.....whats up the the wheels up GTO in your pic?
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

thats my REAL car, I tore it apart for the 07 drag week, and it is slowly going back together. It has a fresh 711 hp pump gas BBC, and had a tko behind it. its one panel away from block sanding, now caged and getting close. The car was rough and i kinda got fussier with it. it ran a best of 10.61@131 at cecil on drag radials. but had less power and susp. then.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

That sounds like a cool car, you need to worry about getting better so you can get that one back in shape.
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

I hope to get it back to my body guy, now I hope that finances dont screw that up. thanks for the nice words on the GTO.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I hope you get back to it soon too! I've been lucky, every tragity I've ever had has opened doors for something else. As long as I'm still kicking it will work out, it sounds like you're on your way.
                              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                              X