Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to decide if I should buy back the Olds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a tough one Doug. My instinct is that you should let it go.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Keep it, clone what you can into your next one. my
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

At least for now buy it back, you'll always wish you would have, if somewhere down the road when your emotions/attachment come back to Earth you can pull the good stuff off of it then you can send it down the road but for now I think you need to buy it back, otherwise you'll always be second guessing yourself, been there, done that!
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Those cars are hard to find parts for. Unlike the Chevy's where you can buy every bolt, nut and clip; the BOP's don't have much aftermarket support.

Saying that, if there are parts on the car that survived, like the dash, trim pieces, tail lights; there are many guys who you can help finish their projects.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would have saved it,if i felt alright about it..its just metal after all..i think.

Comment

I would say buy it back. Put it under a tarp and don't look at until you're ready. Sounds like you've got some healing to do, inside and out.

It would be a shame for that car to go to the crusher with valuable parts in it though. Don't just do it for you, do it for the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                I think you need to buy it back, otherwise you'll always be second guessing yourself, been there, done that!
                This sums up my opinion. I highly doubt one, two, five or ten years from now you'll regret spending $950, but there is always the chance (a good chance, imo) that you will be thinking you wished you had bought the car back, even if it was just for the emblem on the trunk and a few trim pieces.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ok guys , thought I would share my pain,
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

and yes the glove box door is bent, its two layers and ribbed. I bent it with my head, leaving thin lines perfectly along my scalp, been combing out the scabs all week.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

yeowouch. I would definately buy it back. Glad you are still breathing by the looks of the steering wheel and glove box you took quite a beating.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

seems like I have seen worse brought back from the dead...can you resurrect it?
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                          Those cars are hard to find parts for. Unlike the Chevy's where you can buy every bolt, nut and clip; the BOP's don't have much aftermarket support.

Saying that, if there are parts on the car that survived, like the dash, trim pieces, tail lights; there are many guys who you can help finish their projects.
                          Right there is a good reason to buy it back. Otherwise the insurance company will just send it to a scrap yard that will likely crush it all.

Another good reason is for the motor and trans. If i didn't have to drive to Reading, PA to get it, I'd be eager to buy the motor and tranny right now (presuming they are both still good) - The 350 in the Blazer smokes way too much lately; I'd love to put a 400 in it.

Glad you're recovering well. Keep your head up - in the big picture, it's JUST a car - your health is what's important.
                          Last edited by yellomalibu; July 14, 2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

the story is, on july 1st, fell asleep in the big olds, hit a tree, at least thats what the said I hit. walked home 3/4 mile , fractured jaw,skull, eye socket, nose, and ripped my throat open that you could see into my mouth through into my mouth. They said I missed the jugular and the vocal chords by millimeters. have stitches across my forehead, nose, chin and throat. I have a wired shut jaw, and a trachea tube for 10 weeks due to the throat and jaw damage. But all in all Im doing Ok.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

frame and cowl both twisted. But I must admit that so far Im very, very happy with Hagarty insurance.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Sad - sure glad you're o.k. though.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X