Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to decide if I should buy back the Olds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a no brainer that new cars are safer.You sure are a tough guy that walked home after that!!.

Comment

Yowser! That wheel and dash make ME hurt. Glad you came through it as well as you did.

I'd buy it back and sit on it for a bit then decide what to do with it.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Damn.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Definately buy it back. You never know if maybe in some weird, unexplainable way that car saved your life. Maybe you and that car have a special bond now, maybe it should get a second chance also. I'm glad your doing alright.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I can't imagine the impact it took to fold up that front bumper, those bumpers could have been used on Sherman Tanks, I'm guessing they weigh in around 200 lbs. or better. I noticed where your head dented the glove box and I'm sure that's your blood everywhere in the pictures, I hope you heal up Super Fast but don't rush it, you're one tough Hombre Buddy!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

All I can say now is wow!
              I would still get it back if it was me. Maybe there is another one out there that needs the good parts you have.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

its official, told Hagarty I want it. hopefully I dont get killed on all the other bills , and I maybe able to make so real progress on the GTO. Paying bills and getting healthy will always be my first priorities .
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Phew, thats rough Doug. Glad to hear you're ok in spirit and body. I think you made the right choice on this one.
                  Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Even if you part the car out for cash, it's still a win, particularly if that money goes to the GTO.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

think im going to part out the engines and the tires . But here is what i may be thinking, depending on how and where the frame is bent, I may install a fat mans front clip . That would give me mustang 2 geometry, tubular arms and air ride. Swap in some LS power and vintage air.
                      Of course this would be a long term project for after the GTO is done. I have the room to store it, and I already own it .
                      Any Comments ? Suggestions ?

(I always wanted to bag her but didn't want to cut the original stuff)
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Win! Perfect excuse to do what you wanted to do but didn't want to mess up a nice frame.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Sorry man - you're lucky and tough! Holy cow that's a hard hit!

I think you're really on to something there by replacing the front clip with modern stuff. Given enough time surely you can find the front end parts required, and a good body man can surely fix that quarter panel.

It's a beautiful car - worth saving if you have the resources to do so, IMHO.

Hope you're feeling a little better every day!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

how ya feeling , up and at em ?

Comment

doing ok, still have the trachea tube and the jaw wired shut. The wont let me go back to work like this. I feel pretty good and have learned to make some bitchen soups. I make a killer black bean soup and a really good potato soup. all in all Im doing good thanks for asking. Looking for a good 55/56 Olds/buick frame in case I need one.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

my dad might have one, actually - he's building a 55 Buick Special and I'm pretty sure he has an extra frame.... of course, getting it to you might be an issue.... he's near portland oregon

even if not, there's a guy near him that specializes in the unloved 55-7 shoeboxes - and he'd probably have everything you might need.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 28, 2011, 02:44 PM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X