How about that NASCAR Wreck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about that NASCAR Wreck?

Michael McDowell really slammed the Wall pretty good. It is amazing that he walked away from it. Still waiting to find out what really happed to the Car. Some have said that he got loose, and I can see that in the Videos of the Crash. I seems that the COT Car held up pretty well considering the situation. One video out there shows the Car up close and the roll cage around the driver is barely tweeked. It sort of makes sense when your going that fast to have the very best. It also looks like he made 8-9 rolls in the Car to.

Michael McDowell was on Wind Tunnel tonight, and said he does'nt believe all the Publisity he's getting because of a Wreck. Ne did praise the COT Car for it's Safety but he would like to see NASCAR let the Teams have more control over the Suspension Setups. All the Racers are saying that. In time I'm sure the Teams will find a way to upgrade and get more input to the Cars.

Re: How about that NASCAR Wreck?

My son does some work with NASCAR teams and the biggest complaint he relays to me from the teams is the lack of freedom to tune the suspensions. The "rules" are so tight on these new cars evidently there is very little room for creativity. So what's the fun?

Comment

shoulda stolen more of the 99 car's setup, they wouldve qualified better, and maybe won the race! i thought it was bullcrap that they werent penalized for taking that swaybar and trying to build their own version.. of course, in their position, if i were to find out i had a part like that.. id do the same thing!! probably save thousands in R&D.. the other teams and drivers played it down, but theres probably 40 teams that would love to have that swaybar and anything else off that car right now, regardless of what they say in interviews..

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
        My son does some work with NASCAR teams and the biggest complaint he relays to me from the teams is the lack of freedom to tune the suspensions. The "rules" are so tight on these new cars evidently there is very little room for creativity. So what's the fun?
        Which is why I ain't watchin'.

Comment

I’ve heard on here that they use DOM tubing and not chomemoly because it gives better in a multi-car pileup

NASCAR always seemed to me to be Soap-opera racing. The best part about NASCAR is the parts trickle down to the hobbyist.

It's interesting how Europe has Formula 1 and we go the polar opposite and have NASCAR. We have drag racing and they have? What? Rally racing?

I wish NASCAR had more road events.

Comment

road events ? how about dirt oval ?

Comment

My Machinist, is the "no name" guy's car, that RCR found Clint Bowyer in, I scream at the TV, he has a Name, Its Bob Morton you idiots.

I was big on Nascar for a while, but its going to inplode under its own weight pretty soon.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
              X