I moved, but man I hate it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I moved, but man I hate it!

So about 6 weeks ago, I moved to a town that I used to live in. I hate it! I am thinking about moving back to where I was living. I still own that house and my shop is still all set up.

Have you ever regretted moving?
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

I did that about 30 years ago.......moved back to my home town

Big mistake

We stayed for about 2 years then the company transferred
    me to Nebraska........we couldn't wait to get away
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

If it's for a good job, sure... But a lot of people move back home with
      the 'good old days of simpler living' in mind, not taking into account
      that their town changed... sometimes for the worst. Almost got into
      that mess myself. Good luck...
      Luke
      LTA 200mph club
      Winston Salem, NC

Comment

If I could make my income back in the inland empire (well maybe the after tax portion =P) I wouldn't mind one bit moving back. I enjoy it when I go back. Unfortunately I'd probably take a 60% hit in pay between the job availability and taxes. I know all sorts of born and raised Ely folk that end up moving back to Ely and absolutely hating life for it. I think they just can't appreciate what's here, but at the same time have a hard time making it (socially and financially) in a "real" big city.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

yes, I moved from Tucson to Anchorage BACK to Tucson and have regretted the move ever since...shoulda stayed put. Of went somewhere that doesn't suck...I don't have the luxury of picking up and moving if I decide I want to...I am stuck until I retire and then I can live a normal life
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            I did that about 30 years ago.......moved back to my home town

Big mistake

We stayed for about 2 years then the company transferred
            me to Nebraska........we couldn't wait to get away
            We moved to Nebraska to be where the grandkids were when they were little and now that they're grown we wish we never left Colorado Springs. We're stuck here now -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

my parents moved to florida , it ain't cool to not see the grandchildren for 7.5 months

Comment

The job relocated us to here in Tn and I haven't looked back. I/we love it. The problem I have with the "town" I grew up in in SC is the sprawl. When I left there, a dirt road I used to ride my bicycle on is now a 6-lane highway.

But I will "look back" in August. And I'm taking the GPS with me because they sure did move and change the roads. That's what made me leave that "town," even before the job forced a move. You move the roads, and nothing looks the same as it used to....

My brother is playing out at a restaurant in Rock Hill SC, my old home home town. He still lives there. I'm bound to be there to hear it, just him on a Taylor doing a mix of light stuff, Jimmy Buffett and James Taylor and Wille Nelson and stuff. I'm going back "home" for a night in August, though that's not home at all anymore.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  If I could make my income back in the inland empire (well maybe the after tax portion =P) I wouldn't mind one bit moving back. I enjoy it when I go back. Unfortunately I'd probably take a 60% hit in pay between the job availability and taxes. I know all sorts of born and raised Ely folk that end up moving back to Ely and absolutely hating life for it. I think they just can't appreciate what's here, but at the same time have a hard time making it (socially and financially) in a "real" big city.
                  and I heard the LA Basin was the best place to open up an open-pit mine.... hard to fathom they'd have a problem with that.

my answer
                  Seattle.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I will never willingly move to Washington, too many ####ing trees

(my grandma lives in Tacoma, that's where my Mom grew up)
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When I was 18, I moved to a small town south of Portland, OR. I lived there one year, and moved home again. Now I live three miles from my parents house, work with my dad at a shop six miles the other direction, and absolutely love it.

I'm happy where I'm at.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

We moved off of 5 acres in the country, with a 40 x 60 shop going in, 4 years left to pay on the house and land, cheap taxes (140.00 a year) and even had a go-cart track on the back three acres. Wife wanted to live in town. I've hated it since day one and want to go back to country life.

Comment

I grew up at the beach. In 2003 my wife and I thought we needed to get away from the "rat race" and moved 200 miles up into the desert, after all, I liked the desert. Fast forward 6 years, we're back at the beach 4 miles from where we used to live. This is home, this is where we belong.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

my parents and myself moved from the farming area outside kansas city to texas in 1984, living south of houston, 5 years later I joined the navy, came back 8 years later, really didnt like it, so-cal spoiled me. I met my wife in 2000 and we moved to AZ living outside Phoenix in the "East Valley" loved it there, 5 hour drive to LA, 5 hour drive to Vegas, 7 hours to Albuequrque. Loved it there, Economy took a shit, I got job offers back in Houston as well as my wife, we moved back and have hated it since, my kids have told me they even hate it here. The city has quadrupled in population from 22,000+ people from 1984 to well over 80,000+ people now just in the town I live in. I want out of here so bad you have no idea how bad
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

no complaints here. 5 acres of nice property about 15 minutes outside of the city. Lived 2 years in SoCal knowing it was a short term gig and enjoyed that too. Right now, Omaha is great - it's one flight to just about anywhere in the USA quick, cheap and easy.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X