• Show
Clear All

jersey is a great place for a single car guy
    3 drag strips etc ..jersey shore

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      jersey is a great place for a single car guy
      3 drag strips etc ..jersey shore
      I can tell by how all you east coast guys are so happy all the time, that you must really love living there. lol
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

There was a part of me that always feared living in my Massachusetts town after I graduated college and really struck out into the world. At that time, I was basically of the mind that I'd never be able to do any of the stuff I wanted while based in ol' Abington. I was very wrong, obviously.

Our house is stupid expensive for what it is, our property taxes blow the big one, and the state isn't exactly paradise, but I live a mile from my mom and dad and a mile from my wife's mom and dad (who are both gearheads as you guys know). As whacked out as stuff is these days, my town has good community spirit, I went to high school with half the guys on the police force, and it is a relatively safe place to live. I have good neighbors that care about me, my stuff, and my family.

Ironically, I can now see myself spending a large part of the rest of my life here. Never saw that coming.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Lohnes - any place you moved West - you'd be treated as an outsider because of your accent - it's best you stay put ya rat bastid!

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Having moved half way across the country about 7 years ago, I can tell you that there are Great Folks everywhere you go - and some of Those Other People, too. The trick is to find the Great Folks so you can hang out with 'em and identify TOP (Those Other People) so you can avoid them. Wish I had some car buddies close by but other than that, Wilmington is as cool as Ann Arbor. I even found lots of nice people in Florida as I cared for my Mom. As far as citizens go, I think this country is more uniform than people think it is. And Wilmington has a great ocean!

Brian, home can be fun, too. I've been away from Milford, MI for too long - much has changed and I wasn't there to get used to it incrementally. It's great that you're in a happy place with folks who love you and that you have a history so that the inevitable changes aren't a big shock. Excellent that the boys can grow up knowing Grandmas and Grandpas - we regret that we're too far from the Grands - but they're scattered all over the map anyway.

Dan

Comment

I have lived my whole life in Pennsylvania, grew up in the city of Philadelphia then moved to rural Chester County, Pa. I still love the city but nothing beats having loads of space, quiet and no traffic. We are surrounded by horse farms and our 2 acres back up to a state park yet we are only an hour from Philly. In the city I had to rent garage space for the Mustang and trailer, now we have a killer 2+ car garage. I've got a 35 mile\40 minute ride to work and a 20 minute tow to Maple Grove Raceway, not to mention a 5 minute run to a well attended weekly cruise night at our local Sonic. We’ve got a very healthy automotive scene around these parts. Taxes are not terrible, schools are good (don't really care, no kids in our future) and everything we need is close. The only drawback is the lack of good restaurants…Which is why we bought a big grill.

We are very happy with our little slice of the Commonwealth.
              Last edited by Joe Grippo; July 19, 2011, 12:58 PM.
              Time Wasters...
              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                I can tell by how all you east coast guys are so happy all the time, that you must really love living there. lol
                I said SINGLE guys

Comment

4 years ago on 9-11, we had a house fire. Fealt like we moved 3 time in one year. Went to a condo, had to remove everything from the house for repairs. Then move out of the condo and back into the house. I wish the house totally burned down...would have been easier.

11 years ago we bought 22 acres in Wyoming county PA and about 3 years ago found out we're sitting on probably the nations largest natural gas reserve. Looking to build a house when we found a raised ranch on 3 acres with a barn that has 6 horse stall and drop dead views for less then what it would have cost to build. Plus we got the gas rights. Down side now are all the rigs that are going up along with the noise and traffic. Over all we love it.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                    I have lived my whole life in Pennsylvania, grew up in the city of Philadelphia then moved to rural Chester County, Pa. I still love the city but nothing beats having loads of space, quiet and no traffic. We are surrounded by horse farms and our 2 acres back up to a state park yet we are only an hour from Philly. In the city I had to rent garage space for the Mustang and trailer, now we have a killer 2+ car garage. I've got a 35 mile\40 minute ride to work and a 20 minute tow to Maple Grove Raceway, not to mention a 5 minute run to a well attended weekly cruise night at our local Sonic. We’ve got a very healthy automotive scene around these parts. Taxes are not terrible, schools are good (don't really care, no kids in our future) and everything we need is close. The only drawback is the lack of good restaurants…Which is why we bought a big grill.

We are very happy with our little slice of the Commonwealth.
                    I'm with you. Our region is a great place to live. Decent wages, low cost of living.

There's good restaurants in Lancaster. Reading, not as much.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

you guys seem to be better off on the eastern side of Pa. Taxes where I am from are insane, some of the highest property taxes in the country...jobs are scarce and low paying at best if you don't have a degree. However, those in the trades make a decent living. My mom has 200 or so acres and my grand parents have a little more. I wouldn't mind having that kind of property and living back there. It is a pretty state all around, folks on the western side are a little quirky, but good folk. The cost of living is going up there too...I think if I had to go back I would be looking middle to east Pa....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Been to Gene's neck of the woods and it's BEAUTIFUL. Chilly, but beautiful. I could see living there - if I wasn't here!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                          I'm with you. Our region is a great place to live. Decent wages, low cost of living.

There's good restaurants in Lancaster. Reading, not as much.
                          I liked Mama Chafee's and Austin steakhouse (not technically in Reading by close enough).
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X