What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for dinner?

After tossing around ideas, decided to do the right thing: Not cook. Ordered takeout from Olive Garden, tossing it back with Grey Goose and juice.

If you're doing better than I am, show!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Flank steak florentine.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Home made breakfast burritos, Malibu n diet, sittin' by the pool ......
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

olive garden ...ooohhh salty

Comment

Corn, butter beans, cornbread and mama's peach pie made from scratch. There was meatloaf too but bleh...
          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

After out little day trip me and the kids chowed down at Jason's Deli...ate me a giant roast beef sammich.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

BBQ chicken breast, corn on the cob, tossed salad. Coke..
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                Corn, butter beans, cornbread and mama's peach pie made from scratch. There was meatloaf too but bleh...
                You are evil. Pure. Unadulterated. EVIL!
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                  You are evil. Pure. Unadulterated. EVIL!
                  Gee, that's not nice...maybe I shouldn't send the peach preserves mama made for you yesterday... :P
                  Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Wiped out two ham and cheese sandwiches from Tim Horton's at about 1am washed down will some miller high life.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ribs for dinner lat night.

Italian sausage soup with salad and bread for lunch today.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

shrimp po'boy and test driving jack daniels new honey flavored whiskey mixed with lemonade, I think I found my new drink
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Have you guys tried the food trucks? They go to parking lots in groups and you can try a variety of food. Long lines but worth it.

FOOD TRUCKS

What up Bro? How you doing girl? You hungry for that food truck grub? Of course you are. Well, FindLaFoodTrucks.com is the easiest way to figure out where your favorite trucks are.

Food trucks in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new generation of Southern California food trucks provides more than just traditional tacos; their mobile kitchens have evolved into serious cuisine-on-wheels. ABC7 teamed up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 food trucks in the Southland:

Top 7 food trucks in Los Angeles

1. Grilled Cheese Truck

The Grilled Cheese Truck cooks up a classic named the Plain-And-Simple. It comes with sliced American cheese on freshly baked French bread with lots of butter. Recommended is the Cheesy-Mac-And-Rib, which owner and chef Dave Danhi says has become a signature item.

Also popular are the Double-Cream-Brie, a grilled cheese creation with sliced pears and clover honey; or the Dessert Melt, featuring roasted bananas, Nutella and marshmallows, melted on sweet brioche bread.

"I got the Cheesy Mac Melt, and that was macaroni-and-cheese, BBQ pork and caramelized onions in a sandwich, and it was incredible," said Ian Northorp, a food truck fan.

2. The Buttermilk Truck

Though it has a full menu, The Buttermilk Truck is most popular for breakfast, which it serves all day. Favorites include buttermilk doughnuts, red velvet chocolate chip pancakes and the Portuguese Slider, which includes Portuguese sausages along with eggs and spiked soy sauce on Hawaiian bread.

"Buttermilk's definitely my top 5, and it's the only one that does breakfast, so that's definitely a plus," said Santa Monica resident Jacob Wessel, a frequent customer.

3. Louks Greek Gourmet To Go

Louks Greek Gourmet To Go serves up Greek cuisine, like specialty kabobs, lamb chops, Greek salads and a very popular sweet and salty treat - honey and feta french fries. A lot of the ingredients are imported from Greece.

Here are the trucks rounding out the top 7:

4. The Green Truck
                          5. Baby's Badass Burgers
                          6. The Sweets Truck
                          7. The Nom Nom Truck

Food trucks are not exclusive to Los Angeles:

Orange County: Barcelona on the Go

Inland Empire: Doug the Coffee Guy's food truck

Ventura County: The Burger Bus

There's no way this list is complete.

Last edited by ethelkilledfred; July 17, 2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Roasting some fresh locally farmed sweet corn, making a salad from fresh locally farmed veggies, some peach cobbler from fresh socal peaches, and then gonna burn some burgers on the grill....
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Pork Chops, and home fries on grill, salad, and vegetables.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X