No announcement yet.

Vintage Cars at Road America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike, keep 'em coming! That little Dart is awesome. My first car as was a 67 Dart 273. That one in the photos has a 68 grille, but 67 taillights ... and 273 Power Pack rocker covers! Love the 304 decal on the air cleaner.

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Found this cool site with cool photos from 69..i felt it belonged to this thread..

Comment

The pictures in that thread are amazing. I've been surfing the web for vintage trans am pictures forever and I had never seen those before.
        The hood on those two Kaplan Javelins is especially cool.
        Thanks!
        Mike

Comment

Mustangs, lots and lots of Mustangs. Love 'em or hate 'em Ford certainly threw a pile of money at the Trans Am racing program.

Last edited by mike343sharpstick; July 22, 2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Saved the best for last. Team Rambler!
            Here is a Kaplan Car from the '69 season, Kaplan ran the AMC effort in 68 and 69 prior to Penske. The front end was changed to a 1970 and it had a Donohue Wing added at some point in its life as well.

Here we have the Championship winning 1972/73 Javelin. This was originally one of the two 1970 Penske cars that took second place in 1970. It was then re-bodied as a 71 and sold to Roy Woods racing who used the cars from (I think) 1971 to 1973. In 73 one of the RWR cars was sold to a team in mexico and was sponsored by PEPSI and aside from the Pepsi logo the paint scheme remained the same. Some how it survived all those years and still exists today. The two class leaders on the day were the RWR Javelin and the Challenger. The mustang in the shot below was there at the beginning, but faded as the other two were slugging it out. They swapped the lead on every lap, slid the cars like crazy and raced close yet managed to stay our of trouble. Incredible driving!

Comment

Working...
            X