route 66 rendezvous 2011 in san bernardino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• route 66 rendezvous 2011 in san bernardino

just 59 days until this years 22nd annual route 66 rendezvous .......anyone in socal or other states getting their cars ready for this annual 4 day long cruise/car show
    Last edited by oldschoolcamaro; July 18, 2011, 03:19 PM.
    "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

I'd like to enter it, if and when I get my f&%king Wagon finished!

Comment

Unfortunately Loren and I will not be attending this year

I love that show though! Normally we go with a group of old friends, about 10 cars, do the cruisin', check out the vendors, Tricia always used to want a ride on the huge bus, but now she just wants to disappear with cash...

We bring our Motorhome and camp on the route were we park, the best is just being able to stay there and not have to move all your stuff to a hotel! They do close it down around 10p so it is not really a wild scene at night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01103[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	856417

Please check out the below web article Loren did in 2009:

I will be bummed to miss it but September is going to be very busy...

~Gail
      Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 19, 2011, 09:35 AM.
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Screw Route 66 Rendevous and San Bernadino.
        They have messed it up so bad that you can not enjoy yerself.
        I'm staying away, far away.
        When life hands you lemons, go get a ice cream cone!

Comment

Originally posted by zombie289 View Post
          I'd like to enter it, if and when I get my f&%king Wagon finished!
          A car doesn't have to be finished in order to go to a show with it. If it runs, drive it..

I've never wanted to go to San Berdoo in Sept. Too freaking hot most years..
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
            Screw Route 66 Rendevous and San Bernadino.
            They have messed it up so bad that you can not enjoy yerself.
            I'm staying away, far away.
            wasn't all that bad the last two years and was alot of fun maybe 40 minutes to make a lap around the cruise route on saturday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
              A car doesn't have to be finished in order to go to a show with it. If it runs, drive it..

I've never wanted to go to San Berdoo in Sept. Too freaking hot most years..

never got warmer than 90 degrees last year and with a little breeze blowing it was quite comfortable .this year with the cooler than normal temps we've had so far probably be just like last year with 90 deg temps

Comment

4 days to go until the 2011 route 66 rendezvous and the weather is looking friggin awesome !!!

here's the weather so far ......

thursday 86 degrees partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance T-storms

friday 86 degrees and sunny

saturday 88 degrees and sunny

look for my camaro in space #116 on E st between 4th/5th streets ...... i'll be on the east side of the street in front of the cal trans bldg

Comment

so any of you make it tonight ?? ......it was friggin jam packed with cars and spectators and i went to cruise around about 6:15pm and got back to my parking spot at 7:45pm .can't believe it took just under 1-1/2 hrs to cruise the just under 2 mile cruise route and during that time i used up almost a 1/2 tank of fuel .also nothing like smelling exh fumes from open headers for that amount of time , i was so glad to climb out of my camaro and get some fresh air .to get some fresh air i had my d/door opened up some and that helped a little .what was nice is my water temp stayed right at 175 degrees the whole time so there was no worry of overheating

those friggin event workers !!! .can't believe this , i'm getting ready to turn onto 5th st and this worker is frantically pointing at the front of my camaro almost like i'm losing coolant or have an oil/fluid leak .i can't hear a friggin word he's saying as i'm open header and he continues to point and i'm looking at my gauges and nothing is showing there's a problem .i motion him to my d/door and yell at him and he's says turn your headlight on . friggin hell all he wanted was my headlights on and here i thought i had fluid leaking !!

Comment

I used to attend this, but haven't been for 2-3 years. My classic rock band used to play Friday and Saturday evening along the route. I got thrown out by the officials for being a little to "enthusiastic" on the gas with my Mustang.. heh ;)

Comment

there was couple guys doing that last night by doing dry hops or flashing the converter ,one guy even was on his transbrake and i'm like looking at this guy saying WTF !!!

Comment

a friend who has a 71 camaro had a day he wishes to forget about LOL!! .first car show in his camaro that over the last year or so he's been building and he had a little incident with it prior to heading out on the cruise route . i'm sitting in my chair under the EZ up and i notice he's trying to start his camaro but it stalls then i look at his camaro and see smoke coming up from under the hood . he imediately jumps out of the car and runs to the front to open the hood and there's a pretty good fire going on his air filter and distributor . his holley carb secondary float adjustment sets crew/jambnut was loose causing fuel to spray out all over the air cleaner and onto his HEI

now i see him frantically trying to put the fire out and people are yelling at him to crank the engine over to suck the flames out and it was just making it worse .so i run over to my camaro yank the fire extinguisher out and run over to his camaro to put the fire out .the fire was quickly extinquished but then i felt bad seeing dry chemical all over his engine compartment,windshield and new paint

by this time i see event organizers in golf carts heading to his car to put the fire out and noticed i already put it out .after he cleaned some of the dry chemical from around the carb and tightened the float adjustment he fired it back up and it ran fine and after he cleaned all of the dry chemical agent off of his camaro he was back out on the cruise route cruising around minus a melted air cleaner and some crispy critter spark plug wires and distributor power wires

a couple hours pass and he decides to take the camaro back out on the cruise route and about a half hour i hear that the electric fuel pump died on them stranding them alongside the cruise route . after finding a new fuel pump they got the camaro back to our parking spot

Comment

be prepared for a huge amount of pics !!!!.........right now i've got 112 pics from the last 3 days of this show and have the final day tomorrow so expect 75 plus more pics for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                          X