Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux City Iowa puts on legal street races

sigpic

that is cool as hell....the silver fox body was damn quick and the little rotary seemed to move along quite well too...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The organizers did a really great job putting this event together. We went Friday evening and spent most of our time at the Drag Races. They had cars on display as well as live music on stage. Only down side was the blistering heat, hope to see it again next year!!
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Heat, pffffft .. we are on day 17 in a row of 100 plus ! (and , at least 5 more on the way they say )

sigpic

Comment

Darrel what are you telling me.....
          I hear it has been more than miserable in Texas, if we could only pipe all this water to you guys.
          By the way, nice shot of Colin Engle's Malibu......Were you here? I didn't see you anywhere
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

No, wasn't there found the pics on line

I am planning a trip home to the Valley labor day to race

No kidding its really dry, we need rain bad .. always dry but this year is off the chart
            sigpic

Comment

Really hope to make it next year. Looks like a blast.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

As a vendor we didn't sell much, but feel that was a lot due to the extreme heat (no one wanting to stop then carry something). Nice urn out of show cars Friday 5pm-9pm, great racing to watch go by, good amount of people for a 1st year event. No one selling beverages made some frown, as it was in the middle 90's. We didn't stay for Saturday as the heat index was to be 114. Hope it was a success. What we saw was good.
                Jim T
                Supercar Collectibles
                www.Supercar1.com

Comment

This looks like a lot of fun (From the air conditioned comfort of my office)!!! That kind of heat would ruin it for me though. Thats when I start looking for the Fire Department guys with their giant water hoses! You guys are a tough breed!

~gail
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

That is cool the city did that, most cities are dead set against anyone having fun. Maybe if more cities would do this on a semi regular basis they wouldnt have a problem with the people doing it on the side, late at night, but then again, those guys arent always the problem. Usually the big problem is the young kids driving like hockey pucks with their fart can equipped neon or civic swerving around in traffic.

The heat in Nebraska/Iowa is surprising, it is hot and humid and it seems that those days there is no wind. If there is a wind it is so hot you dont want to be in it. In the 90s while bracket racing in Kearney Ne, I would go through two or three gallons of ice water between 10am and 7pm when racing was usually over. I never had to use the restrooms, it all came out and left salt stains on my shirt. I had a couple igloo coolers I would set up the night before, freeze one solid and the other into slush.

I live in the UP to avoid that kind of heat, people up here bitch about 80F. Its like AC to me.

Comment

id gladly pay up if they did that here.

Comment

Working...
                      X