Astro Van Rear end size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro Van Rear end size?

Does anyone know what rear ends were put in astro vans? I'm not sure what year it is yet. I might get a cheap one for the motor and tran. Just trying to figure out if there are any other usefull parts from it.

Astro Van had 7.5 inch,like G Body El Caminos,Malibus,Regals,Monte Carlos,Third Gen Camaros,S-10 and S-10 Blazers. I put South Side Lift Bars on my 81 El Camino with a 200 Horse 305 and a Saginaw 4 speed and broke 3 of them after curing the wheel hop with the lift bars. Switching to an automatic aided the life expectancy. The Turbo Buick GN's used a 7 5/8ths inch rear which looks like the 7.5.

Comment

grand national and 86-88 442 hurst olds , some 78-87 buick olds a body wagons had the 8.5

Comment

I think Astro Van rears are a bit wider than most other similar GM rears.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

plus the astro van has the Large GM bolt patern
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Thats's what I sorta figured, it really ain't good for much besides an astro van.

Comment

Plus their offset to the passenger side. Differentially speaking.
              Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 18, 2011, 08:59 PM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                plus the astro van has the Large GM bolt patern
                no it doesn't... 5 on 4 3/4

and their rear bench seats work great for old trucks like studebakers
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 18, 2011, 09:39 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

AStro is 5 on 5 ,it s not like the s10, Astro has more in common with the 1/2 ton

Comment

then my dad must have one of those super special ones - as he's running the wheels from his 79 el camino on it.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Astro's for sure have 5 on 5 bolt pattern. In addition to the differential being offset, they have a goofy bracket for mounting the leaf springs.
                      Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Astros/Safaris are 5 on 5 , 2003 and later Astro / Safaris are 6X5.5 or 139.7

Here is the page http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...ASTRO%2FSAFARI.

Call your dealer.

Comment

Working...
                        X