Texaco Rust Compound L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texaco Rust Compound L

Trying to find a Texaco distributor in or around Ohio that sells this.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by tardis454; July 19, 2011, 08:29 PM.

these guys are in indiana

Comment

I wonder if this is the same stuff we used to spray at the Buick dealer back in the 60's? Factory rust proofing wasn't what it is today and we tried to help our customers stretch their car's lives by keeping the Michigan Rust Monster at bay. It worked pretty well, although it did creep and make a mess for a while. The Texaco supplier told us that it was developed for the phone company (for you kids - telephone service used to be a MAJOR utility, like the gas and electric suppliers).

Good luck on finding this.

Dan

Comment

texaco got bought out by chevron years ago

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave View Post
          I called & all of their numbers are disconnected :c(

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I wonder if this is the same stuff we used to spray at the Buick dealer back in the 60's? Factory rust proofing wasn't what it is today and we tried to help our customers stretch their car's lives by keeping the Michigan Rust Monster at bay. It worked pretty well, although it did creep and make a mess for a while. The Texaco supplier told us that it was developed for the phone company (for you kids - telephone service used to be a MAJOR utility, like the gas and electric suppliers).

Good luck on finding this.

Dan
          That's the stuff. I hope I can find it too...
          I was cleaning my Cherokee yesterday & Ohio is killing it with rust :c(...
          My friend told me about the Texaco stuff, says he's used it for years & it works great.

Comment

Amsoil makes a product called HD metal protector it comes in an aerosol and cost about 10 bucks a can. I tworks great and is durable I spray it under my Regal every fall.So far so good.

Comment

Working...
            X