• Show
Clear All

Try turning them over half way through
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Two words, Sueunit - Wen Dee's. The Wendy's folks do all my baked 'taters and sell 'em to me for a buck. Now how do you beat that! No heating up the house, etc. In fact, if you use the drive thru you don't even have to get out of the car.

I agree that nuked spuds ain't quite right but I'll do it in a pinch (I use the Saran Wrap method). Interesting thing is that reheated oven baked spuds seem to come out OK from the micro.

Works for me
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
        Lorens wife does NOT want to fire up the oven!LOL

Ok first of all Sueunit is Peewee's wife. but thanks for thinking of me.

I tend to feel baked potatos are winter food, so if you absolutely must carb do pasta salads, or even potato salad when it is too hot. Also if you bake a few potatos in the evening when it is cool they heat up fine in the microwave and don't get that wierd skeezy texture.

Gail
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I was going to point out the wife swapping but you beat me to it. Nothin' kinky on BS!

Definition of "skeezy", please. I think I know what you mean but evidently I'm learning a new word today. (Just had to tease you, Gail.)

Dan

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          Ok first of all Sueunit is Peewee's wife. but thanks for thinking of me.

I tend to feel baked potatos are winter food, so if you absolutely must carb do pasta salads, or even potato salad when it is too hot. Also if you bake a few potatos in the evening when it is cool they heat up fine in the microwave and don't get that wierd skeezy texture.

Gail

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I was going to point out the wife swapping but you beat me to it. Nothin' kinky on BS!

Definition of "skeezy", please. I think I know what you mean but evidently I'm learning a new word today. (Just had to tease you, Gail.)

Dan
            Well in my younger days I was into the rock band musicians.

On to Skeezy. Thanks for making me look this up Dan, I believe I am learning a new definition today! I always used that word for distasteful whether it was smell, texture, taste or appearance.

Urban dictionary:

SKEEZY- A combination of Sketchy (dubious) and sleazy(dirty or vulgar)
            That middle-aged man hanging outside the high school parking lot was majorly skeezy
            ~or~
            That potato you microwaved is really skeezy

Oh well, other people make up the words I just use 'em!

~Gail
            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 21, 2011, 10:28 AM.
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

poke lotsa holes in the skin with a fork, put in micro for about 5 minutes each - no covering - especially not saran - that's got bad plastic skeezyness oozing from it when it gets hot - probably where that funny flavor is coming from?
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Down here you can't have a steak without a potato, but I don't want to heat up the house for the taters. I put them in a zip lock or sandwich bag still wet from being washed and poked with a fork. Check them at 5:00 and usually turn them over. Another 7:00 or so depending on how many there are and continue until they give when you press on them.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Here is how I like to make baked potatoes when there is time

Peel and cut raw potatoe in like sizes so they cook even

Cut up several slices of bacon in like sizes so it cooks even ( about 3 slices per large potatoe )

Cut up mini carrots in like sizes to why ? bake even !

Onions, again same thing

take a piece of alum foil , use plenty

pile in even portions of all the above, I season with Mortons Natures seasoning

Put a small amount of butter in the package

toss them on the grill , turn often to avoid burning , takes about 45 minutes to complete, easy way to tell is if you press on it and you can kinda tell when the potatoes are soft and cooked

Unwrap and enjoy !
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Down here you can't have a steak without a potato, but I don't want to heat up the house for the taters. I put them in a zip lock or sandwich bag still wet from being washed and poked with a fork. Check them at 5:00 and usually turn them over. Another 7:00 or so depending on how many there are and continue until they give when you press on them.
                    Ziplock bag sealed completely, or left open for escaping steam?

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                      Ziplock bag sealed completely, or left open for escaping steam?
                      left open and folded under the tater usually seals them up as much as they need to be. They'll blow up if they're zippered.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                      X