Anyone here ever seen these??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever seen these??

I was up late last night surfing Ebay and came across these cast aluminum valve covers that have spring oilers cast right into the valve cover. I was wondering if anyone knows what brand there are??

Those are new on me. I've never seen them before.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Those are new on me. I've never seen them before.
      Ya I've been doing some searching and haven't come across them yet, but being a cast piece, I would think that they would have made a lot of them...........I decided to buy them, since I really couldn't beat the price....... I'll post up some better pics when I get them........
      Last edited by TC; July 21, 2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

are they on both valve covers or just one ? could be some NASCAR type stuff that didnt go over very well
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

As usual, I'm clueless. I have the excuse that it's SBC stuff and is therefore off my radar. Someone will know - probably Jim (Squirrel).

Dan

Comment

it's pretty neat but never seen it eather

but i deal with the 3800 series II and III v6 engines
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Very cool! I've seen guys fab up some plumbing like that to cool the springs, but never seen em offered up as bolt on ready deals til now
              STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                are they on both valve covers or just one ? could be some NASCAR type stuff that didnt go over very well
                Both. There's no point in cooling only half the springs
                STUGOTS

Comment

My only thought was most of the valve spring oilers I've seen spray downward and not sideways.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                    Very cool! I've seen guys fab up some plumbing like that to cool the springs, but never seen em offered up as bolt on ready deals til now
                    Ya that was what I was thinking, Moroso makes some but they are basically just a regular valve cover with some small tubing welded inside the cover and they want over $600 for them.......And I got these for what it costs for a regular set of aluminum valve covers...... I'm hoping there will be a name stamped on them so I can find out who made them.....

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                      Both. There's no point in cooling only half the springs

in roundy round racing on short tracks, centrifical force pushes the oil to the right side leaving the left side starving, i figuired it was something from a super modified series car
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                        in roundy round racing on short tracks, centrifical force pushes the oil to the right side leaving the left side starving, i figuired it was something from a super modified series car
                        It did say dirt/circle track in the ad, but if you look the pics are of each valve cover, one has the fitting in the top of it and the other doesn't, he actually said the fitting in the top of the valve cover is for oil scavenge, but I think it for a vacuum pump or a dry sump using one of the pumps as a vacuum pump......

Comment

I've got hat built into a subaru ea82.

pressure relief open means too much heat, sprays through holes on a tiny tube right on the valve springs.

the valve cover idea is clever.. but where to determine when to function them? via temps or pressure... all times would be silly. heat helps pump the oil in the first place...hardly ever a line drawn to need it, but can happen rarely.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've got a set that do the exact same thing TC... mine oil from the top....( standard Nascar gig )....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                              I've got a set that do the exact same thing TC... mine oil from the top....( standard Nascar gig )....

K
                              So basically your saying these are some "specialty" stuff........You wouldn't happen to know who makes them do you??
                              Last edited by TC; July 22, 2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X