Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Miata.... Anybody here have or had one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Miata.... Anybody here have or had one?

Today's automotive a.d.d. has me thinking about a 5.0 in a Miata - have any of y'all had or currently have one?

I'm curious what the experience was like.

tia.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

there's a part of me that wonders where Stacey got his idea for the Willys forever project from an email I sent to him about my original plans for my Studebaker.... so it's only fair that I ripped off his idea when I came up with the Spider.... only differences - mine will be faster... by a bunch with fewer cylinders.... and not cost 20k

as for v8 cars, I've driven several repli-Cobras; and my dad owns a v8 Sunbeam....

With all that said, I'd never do a 302 in a miata - there are too many smaller-displacement motors that would be every bit as fast (if not faster)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The ls1 version is way better. I have a miata and would love to put an ls in it. $$$$$$

Comment

Aww, I was hoping to see a picture of a Miata Trar
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr View Post
          The ls1 version is way better. I have a miata and would love to put an ls in it. $$$$$$
          based on handling or hp? I've got the hp thing covered pretty well already with junk I already have.

Comment

i remember seeing one of those a long time ago. pretty cool. i guess my a.d.d. isnt too far off, i have been thinking an LS powered miata. there are a few out there, it looks like it gets expensive though.

Comment

chick car

Comment

My wife has an 05 MX5 Miata.Damned thing handles like stink on crap.Fun car to drive as long as my friends dont see me.LOL.For a 4 banger turbo 6spd runs high 14s.

Comment

A friend of mine had a shop in Escondido CA and it was 2 blocks away from the Monster Miata shop, use to see all kinds of crazy cars sitting out front, even got to ride in one round the block (they had a sheet metal brake my friend use to borrow) fun lil car, I would own one
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Closest I've seen is my bro's genI RX7 with a 5.0

1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

I would actually own one... if they weren't so damn ugly.

And the fact that I see so many of 'em with rainbow bumper stickers kinda ruins it.
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I'd rather have a V8 Pinto, never really liked Miatas.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          chick car
                          yeah, you could probably get a chick to sit in one easier than a Cav...

Teddyzee - Right on. That was the other thought that keeps coming up. Do you have more information on your brother's car?
                          Last edited by Beagle; July 22, 2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

ls'd 240sx is on my mind.
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Stacy David from the tv show Gerzs built one ! Might be a good place to look.
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X