No announcement yet.

HotRod makes 1200+hp with a stock 4.8l LS motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't say in the April '08 HRM debut, but that article also says 600 to the ground. I think you would be looking at 75# 'ers with higher rail pressure than the 40 whatever they are rated at to support 900.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
      I am loling at 112 being 'narrow' haha
      Find me a LS cam with tighter than 109...

112 is narrower than what most cam companys will recommend for a serious boosted build in an ls...

the 112 worked in the article, but theres a reason they didnt run a 103 here.
      Last edited by kyhunter89; July 24, 2011, 07:36 PM.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        And when did it become a rule to run a wide LSA with Nitrous?? Guess I didn't get that memo when I decided to hit my 406 with a 350 shot and it has a 103 LSA and 13:1 compression............
        And how long did it last, on what octane and wheres proof?
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I think the cam deal was understated maybe. You don't want that thing keeping all kinds of low end cylinder pressure with a couple of FAT ass turbos on it... Might find out what happens to stock parts under real world stress at that point? Look at the RPM where they made peak HP at and consider the short stroke.

It's a badass setup that complements the stock components but I think it would be miserable on the street. It was a test that was successful, but I'd be a little concerned if you change much from that formula whether you will have the same success. Maybe a letter to Richard Holdener requesting something a little more streetable and some more testing? It would load it up a different way. I'm not knocking the engine or the article, just wondering out loud and Richard is king of change parts and do it again.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
          X