the only way Ford beats GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the only way Ford beats GM

Ford's chief marketer Jim Farley has overseen some of the company's most important successes of the past few years, ones that have made it the most profitable automaker in America. How does he get motivated? By vowing to "fuck GM." UPDATED

apparently Ford is still trying to find a way to beat GM, they may, however, have found success

you will have to replace the 4 # signs in the link with a 4 letter word that starts with F besides Ford (yet means the same thing)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 22, 2011, 10:35 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

ford lol ....the b team

Comment

that company hasn't been the same since bill odom retired as head of ford credit

Comment

I would rather have a guy with passion and the balls to say what he thinks over one who is pc and is worried about offending someone.

That's what this country needs. Passion and drive. That guy has it.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Whatta bunch of off-color rhetoric. Ford didn't take the bailout money.

OMG I threw that grenade into the ammo dump yet again.....earplugs required from here on out, no doubt.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Whatta bunch of off-color rhetoric. Ford didn't take the bailout money.

OMG I threw that grenade into the ammo dump yet again.....earplugs required from here on out, no doubt.
            nice to know it's not me

It's really not news, I'd expect those sentiments from someone whose paycheck derives from Ford.... I just thought it was funny because my first thought was "only way to beat a chevy"...

That said, who would you rather be in hock to - the bank, or the government? when you're a company it's dang hard to lobby the bank to let you keep your business...

... and even though FoMo didn't take the money they're still the 3rd best company in America - problem is they have a great tag line but no decent cars (snickering - top that PW )
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

have not we been through this before ?

While Ford was making noise about not taking federal bailout money, they and other major automakers (both foreign and domestic) got federal aid to the tune of tens of billions of dollars when the economy tanked in 2008.

Yesterday, the federal government released the names of companies and the amounts of loans handed out during the financial crisis of 2008 to keep loans flowing as credit dried up everywhere. A number of those companies were the lending arms of automakers.

Automotive blog Jalopnik broke down which automotive lending companies got the most help, and leading the way was Ford Credit, which borrowed $15.9 billion. GMAC, GM’s financing arm which provided auto loans beyond the GM family of vehicles, took $13.9 billion. BMW took $6.2 billion. Chrysler $4.9 billion and Toyota $4.6 billion

Comment

Yeah, I did like the opening line myself. That was clever.

Stone, I don't work for Ford. Somebody else here does, though. I speak as a consumer. EDIT: I'm a thought and a comprehension behind, sorry, it was a long day at work.
                Last edited by pdub; July 22, 2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

i found this on the internet so it must be true,

In response to the quotes, a GM spokesman said: " I want Ford to take one step back, and literly f*ck its own face "
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Spidey, I apologize for lighting the bomb. I just love to watch you work....and you do good work, too.

Comment

Go Ford, no bailouts!
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

just a little one

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          Go Ford, no bailouts!
                          Here at Weeville we are awaiting the delivery of our new Fusion. They didn't have what we wanted on the lot. We "built" a new car and ordered it.

So, how many other folks here are buying new cars from any of the manufacturers? We've got a new Ford coming. With this whole argument, who's buying new ones?

Comment

Mine's a month old now!
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My point exactly Bob. You got one, we've got one coming (thanks Milner) and everybody bickers over brand loyalty, so who buys a new one? You and I sure did.

Show your cards. Who buys the new ones?
                              Last edited by pdub; July 22, 2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X