X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrible event.

and that guy was native to norway.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

OH MY GOD, just saw a report that said at least 80 died at the island, this is just terrible!!!!!!

Comment

Arlid, man what a tough situation. I hope the son of a bitch that did this gets everything that is coming to him.

Wish I had something more profound to say than that.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

80 confirmed dead at the youth camp and 7 at the bombing. Most of those killed were teenagers. This is just insane. The man obviously has mental issues, not matter what his reasons. One of their officials compared this to the OKC bombing saying it was a Norwegian right wing nut not a terrorist.

Comment

Sickening. I have to wonder if this guy was out to make himself famous. Hope it was one guy acting alone and not part of a group that is planning more of this. What a horrible day for the families...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Arlid, man what a tough situation. I hope the son of a bitch that did this gets everything that is coming to him.

Wish I had something more profound to say than that.
              The term "justice" comes into play because we are all angry and shocked and overwhelmed by the event.

Justice. You could bury the perp at sea - ALIVE at the time....no, that would just be revenge. Wouldn't fix or repair the damage done. The damage is done.

I have trouble with the difference between the words "justice" and "revenge." Either way, the damage is done. You can't fix the damage. What a terrible event.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A sad sad day here..words cannot describe..91 dead,and it seems like there will be more..some are missed in the sea,and they havent found all yet in the buildings.

How sick can you get?...to do such a thing.To kill that much people..he was acting as a policeman out on the island,and referring to the bomb attack at the government,as a excuse to come out to the island...to look around..then he starts shooting young kids..there where hundreds of them out there..panic turned loose when he started to shoot,and everyone tried to hide..then he started to yell"im from the police"..and alot of youngsters was killed then when they heard he was trying to help them..

Then,when the real police came..how could they believe they really where the police?..

This is just sick sick...

Comment

Thoughts and prayers toward your nation Blazer. A horrible thing for all of humanity. I can't even imagine...

Comment

Thanks Peewee,and all others here!!.

Im just glad that myself or one of mye friends or family wasnt there,cause this hurts...and i cant describe how bad it had to be that close.

Comment

I've posted a couple of goofy things in the meantime to try to get my own mind off of it, and that's why I did it. Pretend the world can't be bad.

I hate it when the world is bad. I don't think it is. But sometimes it is. It's confusing.
                      Last edited by pdub; July 23, 2011, 04:30 AM.

Comment

I think there's no understanding this crazy stuff. That's why it's crazy. If it could be understood it could be acted upon and probably prevented.

Yes, the guy's a nutcase. This in no way means that he should get off or simply go "into treatment". He's self-identified as unable to live in a civilized society (and Norway is certainly "civilized"). He has to be taken away where he can never do such things again. Is it kinder to kill him or lock him up for life? Tough call - I'd literally lose my mind if I was locked away but this guy has lost his already.

Let me add my voice to those expressing sympathy to the families and the Norwegian people. Not fair doesn't begin to sum it up.

Dan

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this. Having survived a similar situation here, these type of things will haunt you forever. I usually stay away from the religion thing, but ....

May GOD BLESS all of the survivors and may he welcome with open arms, the poor souls that did not.
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Blazer, if anyone here can understand what you and your fellow countrymen are feeling right now, I can. I live and work in Oklahoma City and can recall the day 16 yrs. ago it happened to us. It's hard to really comprehend the loss of life, especially the young. We lost 168 people that day, some were babies and toddlers in a day care at the building that was destroyed, and not a day goes by that the victims are forgotten.
                            All this because some mentally deranged fool can't get a grip on reality. That's what it boils down to, a mental problem that 'just happens'. Nobody saw it coming and even his friends, neighbors and family probably had no idea. Hopefully, this man will regain his sanity and realize what he has done. That would be something a sane person couldn't live with, then suicide would be an option.
                            I believe your country has no death penalty, but we do here in Oklahoma. Send him our way, we'll be glad to take care of it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55 View Post
                              Blazer, if anyone here can understand what you and your fellow countrymen are feeling right now, I can. I live and work in Oklahoma City and can recall the day 16 yrs. ago it happened to us. It's hard to really comprehend the loss of life, especially the young. We lost 168 people that day, some were babies and toddlers in a day care at the building that was destroyed, and not a day goes by that the victims are forgotten.
                              All this because some mentally deranged fool can't get a grip on reality. That's what it boils down to, a mental problem that 'just happens'. Nobody saw it coming and even his friends, neighbors and family probably had no idea. Hopefully, this man will regain his sanity and realize what he has done. That would be something a sane person couldn't live with, then suicide would be an option.
                              I believe your country has no death penalty, but we do here in Oklahoma. Send him our way, we'll be glad to take care of it for you.
                              Oklahoma sure has been mentioned alot on the news today..theres lots of similarities with the things that have happened over here.Maximum years in prison here in Norway,is 21 years..and if he have good behaviour,he will probably just see 14 years or so..

Thanks for the offer btw..but i could see lots of more suffering ways to make this lunatic wake up..showeling snow in the mountains in the winter..barefoot...for example.

Comment

It is shocking that that many kids were killed- that that many people were killed. My heart goes out to the families of the victims. It is surprising to me that the police took an hour and a half to reach the island. And there was only 100 yards of water between the island and the police!

The thought occurred to me that if that had happened here in the south, there would have been 40 good ole boys sitting on the bank with their deer rifles keeping the shooter busy hiding. If not busy being dead.

It is a sad world we live in.
                                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                                X