No announcement yet.

New ride, but SHOULD be able to keep my BangShift stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove by the little cadi dealership in downtown houston last night leaving the continental club and saw your cars twin brother sitting on the show room floor, car looked awsum sitting there behind the glass and the soft overhead lighting shining down on it
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Nice car - enjoy it.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by deckofficer View Post
        I would have chose the stick anyways, but one of the cars had a strong incentive to choose a stick, it was a 1968 white Ford Galaxy 500 fastback, red bucket seats, 4 speed top loader, 390 FE 4 bbl, and that my new good friends was the driver's training car I learned on.
        I taught my 17 year old sister how to drive a stick in my Skylark when it had the 3.70 gears. It was kinda scary in the sense that like Brian says, it chirps the tires then GO'S, especially when her normal car is a Cobalt However my first gear is apparently syncro'd as at 30mph when she was supposed to go from 2nd to 3rd she mananged to go into 1st RPM's shot up (but no real throttle applied), rear tires protested loudly against the pavement, but no real harm. I didn't know it could do that =P

Originally posted by Mater View Post
        if you can pay why not bad ass car
        ^^ Agreed whole heartedly. I'd be finding something cheaper than Buick's if I couldn't comfortably afford to play.

BTW, I really like your sig picture!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          BTW, I really like your sig picture!
          The picture was taken by Mary Ann, passenger in her T, we were both headed north on 395 just outside of Carson City, Nevada. I shot her while she shot me, we both survived.

sigpic
          Bob
          516 lb/ft @ 2800
          Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

Hushinhano,

When I learned to drive under the radar (older sister wanted to ride back home with boyfriend after a day of skiing so 14 year little bro got to drive our car trans Sierra in the winter time) all we had were sticks, and 1st wasn't snycro. Two years later when I "legally" learned to drive in high school driver's ed, we had a choice of stick or auto. I would have chose the stick anyways, but one of the cars had a strong incentive to choose a stick, it was a 1968 white Ford Galaxy 500 fastback, red bucket seats, 4 speed top loader, 390 FE 4 bbl, and that my new good friends was the driver's training car I learned on.
            Wow! they had a car like that to learn on? Musta had a gear head in driver's ed. Yeah, I think my first stick car to lear on was my brother's 64 Corvair Monza convertible, about 14 at the time. Really nice car. Next one I bought for $25, a 62 Failane 170 I6 and 3 on the tree. I was about 15 and kept it at my cousin's house. Drove many a car with a non synchro 1st and manual drum, steering. Ah, the good old days.

My driver's ed car in HS was a 73 Impala 4 door.
            Last edited by Huskinhano; July 25, 2011, 01:05 PM.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
              Wow! they had a car like that to learn on? Musta had a gear head in driver's ed. Yeah, I think my first stick car to lear on was my brother's 64 Corvair Monza convertible, about 14 at the time. Really nice car. Next one I bought for $25, a 62 Failane 170 I6 and 3 on the tree. I was about 15 and kept it at my cousin's house. Drove many a car with a non synchro 1st and manual drum, steering. Ah, the good old days.

I think that is why you and I drive performance cars now. The '63 Falcon was the 170 cid 3 on the tree, next was a 67 Falcon 200 cid and again a non-syncro 3 on the tree. You and I spent our youth losing every race with our friends. Where are these guys from our past now?
              sigpic
              Bob
              516 lb/ft @ 2800
              Short shift, its fun

Comment

Now on to the performance of a 556 hp Caddy, it has smooth power, but having to propel 4300 lbs, it isn't anywhere near as fast as my Track-T. But to its credit, corners very flat but doesn't have a harsh ride that one would expect in ANY car that corners that good. I crunched some numbers, and for the Caddy to have the same power to weight ratio as the T, it would require 1,075 hp.
                Curious what the hp is at the wheels of each car, and the weight of the T?
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

nice car bro , can I borrow 5 dollars ?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

mine a was a 05 grand am ecotec 2.0L 5 speed manual. slow as molasis but the stick made it feel peppy

now becuase of my stupid knee it is hard for me to drive a manual. my falt i jumped off the bumper of my 74 K10 and the bottom of my knee cap hit the bumper almost ripped it off
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                      Curious what the hp is at the wheels of each car, and the weight of the T?
                      The V, 4300 lbs, 556 hp at flywheel, The track T in its current state 1855 lbs and 320 hp @ just 4050 rpms, torque though 516 lb/ft @ 2800. Previous engine in T, a more common build 417 hp @ 6100, and T weighed 1790 lbs with the Muncie and aluminum flywheel. The added weight with the 5 speed Tremec and steel flywheel on the lower hp "torque" motor dropped the ET from 10.8 @ 132 to a 11.4 but really nice street manners and broke 30 mpg once on a trip to LA.
                      sigpic
                      Bob
                      516 lb/ft @ 2800
                      Short shift, its fun

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        nice car bro , can I borrow 5 dollars ?
                        And what will a fiver do for you?
                        sigpic
                        Bob
                        516 lb/ft @ 2800
                        Short shift, its fun

Comment

i have sworn of fnew cars. its not that i can take a payment, i jsut dont want too. and id have a hard time dropping the full nut to walk away with it paid off. my buddy likes to buy new stuff, i kept telling him to get rid of all the late model crap he has and get the ctsv. i liked them when they made the first ones, i actually like that style a little more and have thought of buying a used one. cool car and yeah if you can swing it, why not, its not like your some punk kid that your parents bought the car for.
                          i learned to drive in a stick, my moms quad4 grand am. that little car scooted pretty good too. when i got older i raced plenty of friends in it. was definitely faster than my stick 5.0 mustang. i then had a 4x4 truck that was a stick and between the mustang and truck i swore off sticks until i bought my 31 essex coupe. i tried to teach my wife to drive stick in that and it was interesting. the car had like 5.40 gears and it seemed like it made peak torque at idle. it was almost impossible to stall it. now i have the t56 in my duster and altought much easier to drive than the essex, it still isnt the best thing to try and learn to drive stick. shes gettign better though. likes to let the clutch fly it gets interesting.

Comment

The V, 4300 lbs, 556 hp at flywheel, The track T in its current state 1855 lbs and 320 hp @ just 4050 rpms, torque though 516 lb/ft @ 2800. Previous engine in T, a more common build 417 hp @ 6100, and T weighed 1790 lbs with the Muncie and aluminum flywheel. The added weight with the 5 speed Tremec and steel flywheel on the lower hp "torque" motor dropped the ET from 10.8 @ 132 to a 11.4 but really nice street manners and broke 30 mpg once on a trip to LA.
                            Not to futz with your calculating, but I'm thinking your V would go a whole lot quicker than 11.40's with 1075 hp. They're supposed to go very low 12's stock, right?
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                              Not to futz with your calculating, but I'm thinking your V would go a whole lot quicker than 11.40's with 1075 hp. They're supposed to go very low 12's stock, right?
                              Your right. I calculated based on the circle track engine hp and the 1790 lbs it was before the trans, engine, and flywheel swap out, and that worked out to 4.2 lbs/hp. In its current portly state of 1856 lbs and drop in ponies down to 320 hp, my current is 5.8 lb/hp, so the CTS-V would need only 741 hp to match, and I know a lot of folks on this forum have gone way past that so I need to look out for these V owners when I'm prowling the streets in the Track-T, or I just might get my head handed to me. I need to remember to re-calculate when my ride gets heavier and the hp drops. Have to admit, 1,075 hp sounds more impressive, but would only aply to the Track-T in its former state. The T did a 10.8 @ 132, now an 11.4, so by rough calculation, the V should do a 10.8 with 1075 hp and a 11.4 with 741 hp. Aren't numbers fun?
                              Last edited by deckofficer; July 27, 2011, 04:01 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Bob
                              516 lb/ft @ 2800
                              Short shift, its fun

Comment

Working...
                              X