Telegraph Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telegraph Cruise

Here are some pictures from the cruise today. It runs from Redford to Taylor Mi down US 24. Man was it HOT!
    Attached Files

Cruisin 'Graph - now THAT brings back memories. Yep, MI can get super warm - and humid, too.

Thanks for the pis
    Dan

Comment

There was a lot going on yesterday, Milan NMRA Ford Nationals, Telegraph Cruise, Thunder Over Michigan at Willow Run Airport. I hope that Milner has some pictures of the airshow. It was nice to cruise yesterday, brought back the memories. Used to be a Dunkin Donuts on West Chicago and a Tubby's on Joy Rd. at the strip mall, all old hangouts that are long gone.

Comment

Corvette's parking lot and Pico's Taco's....thats where we hung out when I was young.....

I wish I could have gone...thanks for the pics
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Daly's Drive-in used to be the place for cruising, it was on Oxford and Telegraph Road with a Burger Chef across the street.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I went down with some younger friends in he '80s. They always met up at the White Castle (or "Chateau Blanc", as I called it) on 'Graph and (roughly) 96. A night of racing ensued with the actual races occurring on a boulevard in an industrial park (I never did know the name of the street but in was in Detroit where the cops were pretty cool and the safety factor was pretty high). Then back to WC - nothin' better than onion cookies at 2AM - my drinking friends said that a few brews completed the experience.

Happy Daze
            Dan

Comment

Thanks for the pics Aaron - I truly believe the 'graph and down river (Fort) cruises are better than woodward - from a drivers' perspective - because you can actually DRIVE. Telegraph especially has more lanes and turn arounds to facilitate actually cruising as compared to the "cooling system torture test" that woodward has become.

Hot and humid indeed - this weekend was a good one to have a clone - the air show this year included the blue angels - we had friends in from out of town so I coudln't break away to join Aaron on the 'graph which I'd have prefered to playing host, and chief bottle washer all weekend!

I don't have pictures from the airshow I'm sorry to say, we were out on the water and I didn't bring a camera for fear Lee would surely have it thrown into the lake at one point or another.

Blue angels rock!
              Last edited by milner351; July 25, 2011, 10:12 AM.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                I went down with some younger friends in he '80s. They always met up at the White Castle (or "Chateau Blanc", as I called it) on 'Graph and (roughly) 96. A night of racing ensued with the actual races occurring on a boulevard in an industrial park (I never did know the name of the street but in was in Detroit where the cops were pretty cool and the safety factor was pretty high). Then back to WC - nothin' better than onion cookies at 2AM - my drinking friends said that a few brews completed the experience.

Happy Daze
                Dan
                The White Castle is still there at I-96 and Telegraph. I watched the races on 7 mile east of Telegraph and the industrial park I was at is north of Plymouth rd and west of Telegraph.

Comment

Working...
                X