GMPP's New LSX454R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMPP's New LSX454R

GMPP has a new LSX engine out and with 454 cubic inches it puts out 750hp and 680ft/lbs of torque. Oh and No EFI needed.........

LSX454R SPECIFICATIONS
    Part number: 19257880

Engine Type: LSX Series Gen IV small-block V-8

Displacement (cu in): 454 (7.4L)

Bore x stroke (in): 4.185 x 4.125

Block (P/N 19244056): LSX cast iron with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps

Crankshaft: 4340 forged steel

Connecting rods: 4340 forged steel

Pistons: forged aluminum

Camshaft type: solid roller

Valve lift (in): 0.738 intake / 0.738 exhaust

Camshaft duration (@ 0.050 in): 250 intake / 270 exhaust

Cylinder heads (P/N 19166979): LSX-DR 11-degree aluminum, six-bolt-type with CNC-machined runners and 50cc chambers

Valve size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.625 exhaust

Compression ratio: 13.1:1

Rocker arms: shaft-mounted, roller-tip and trunnion

Rocker arm ratio: 1.9:1

Recommended fuel: racing gas

Reluctor wheel: 58X

Balanced: internal

Horsepower (estimated): 750 plus

Torque (estimated): 680 lb-ft

Maximum recommended RPM: 6900
    Last edited by TC; July 24, 2011, 11:58 AM.

But needs race gas and an engine bay that can fit the Sear's Tower in it.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Ya but you can drop it in a Rail on Friday and be running 8's by Saturday.........

And that motor makes more HP than the new ZR1 corvettes and they have a blower and all the fancy electronics shit.........

Comment

And run on pump gas AND meet strict emissions requirements........

Comment

And run on pump gas AND meet strict emissions requirements........
          I guess if that's what your into, I was just thinking of going out and having some fun with it........

Oh and if you live in an area that doesn't have emissions, then ya.........just ad a Snow system for pump gas...............

Comment

more power than a truckload of coyotes

Comment

That engine would look good sitting next to the jack stand Camaro, but leave it in the crate to complete the "look" .
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                That engine would look good sitting next to the jack stand Camaro, but leave it in the crate to complete the "look" .
                I'm an old school small block man myself, and I'm already building a new engine to sit next to the Camaro..........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  I guess if that's what your into, I was just thinking of going out and having some fun with it........

Oh and if you live in an area that doesn't have emissions, then ya.........just ad a Snow system for pump gas...............
                  You're the one comparing a pump gas emission legal ZR1 Corvette engine to a complete race engine...

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    more power than a truckload of coyotes
                    Beeen drinking all day again? I hope Obama pays you to wave his banner.

I don't know why you'd go to all the trouble of buying a new 13:1 250* cammed 454 LSx when a 4.8 will double that horsepower.

heheheeee
                    Last edited by Beagle; July 24, 2011, 05:38 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Looks like a Nascar manifold kinda... a little taller because of the port angle I guess?

Click image for larger version

Name:	nasturd2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	856524
                      Last edited by Beagle; July 24, 2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

How much? I can get a Pontiac for about $10k that makes about that on pump gas, oh wait, already did. With more compression it would make more power, and lots more torque and it will bolt into all my old stuff.

Ok seriously, I know this has a warranty, modern tech, and its a factory build. Stuffing one of those into my 4th gen would be fun if it had the other reluctor wheel and a cable throttle body on the L92 style intake. I would run it on E85 since that stuff will handle 13:1 easy. Lots of fun with one of these LSx engines.

Really though, the 467 in my blue Formula was a bit under $9k for everything in 2004, and its a 700hp engine on 92 pump gas. It would cost about $10k-$11k to replicate my engine now with more compression, since some of the costs have gone up, mostly labor. The only reason I have more in it now is because someone decided gravel down the intake was a good thing to do. Had to rebuild it before it made a full pass because of that prick.

Its cool but moot to me since I will probably never afford an engine like either of these again. I could build it myself, but then no warranty.

Comment

I like it......I want one.....with a 300 shot

Badass

Seth
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                            How much? I can get a Pontiac for about $10k that makes about that on pump gas, oh wait, already did. With more compression it would make more power, and lots more torque and it will bolt into all my old stuff.

Ok seriously, I know this has a warranty, modern tech, and its a factory build. Stuffing one of those into my 4th gen would be fun if it had the other reluctor wheel and a cable throttle body on the L92 style intake. I would run it on E85 since that stuff will handle 13:1 easy. Lots of fun with one of these LSx engines.

Really though, the 467 in my blue Formula was a bit under $9k for everything in 2004, and its a 700hp engine on 92 pump gas. It would cost about $10k-$11k to replicate my engine now with more compression, since some of the costs have gone up, mostly labor. The only reason I have more in it now is because someone decided gravel down the intake was a good thing to do. Had to rebuild it before it made a full pass because of that prick.

Its cool but moot to me since I will probably never afford an engine like either of these again. I could build it myself, but then no warranty.
                            ya , aftermarket blocks head rods crank ....25 grand easy ..

Comment

I think they want 11k for the 620 horse LSx454. I can't find a part number for this engine, the document is from January and they don't list it in their catalog? They have a PDF that sasy 720hp/720 torque, minimum 110 octane, but it's not in the products listing.

Comment

Working...
                              X