No announcement yet.

Music Stuff (well, drummer stuff.....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly. On some of the kit selections it sounds sort of like a rim shot if you hit near the edge but some of the new kits I've tried at the music stores sound spot-on and you can play them like a regular snare (stick from head to rim). The cymbals definitely aren't quite right but OK. As I said, I'll keep and eye out for better sensors. The nice thing about E-drums is that you can plug in new bits as they become available.

Dan

Comment

I use drums machines, the other noises I make come from my collection of analog synths...

Click image for larger version

Name:	6208_1189427452340_1127949658_30571741_6451717_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	856602

I also use Ableton Live which is an awesome DAW with tons of drum/synth patches.

Comment

NOT a fan of drum machines. They put drummers out of work. Besides, they're too perfect and take some of the interest out of the final sound. If I was ever to be a music star (not gonna happen, believe me!) everything you would hear on a recording of mine would be what it sounds like - drums would be drums, violins would be violins, horns would be horns, etc. I kind of backed into the E-drums for the reasons stated but they will be operated by a human for as long as I own them.

I'm an old fart
        Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; July 31, 2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X